ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore riots

May 19, 2004
Can a black guy ever get arrested again by a white cop without a riot afterwards? Seems like everyday this shit is going on. What gives?

Reactions: kjbert
I'm not sure what this says about myself, but when I read that there were riots in baltimore, I wondered if there would be any Wire by the benchwarmers.

I supported the ferguson protests but these weren't social stand protests - this was straight up violence perpetrated by the rioters, especially the bullshit at the orioles game just attacking any one they saw. Wasn't a good development

Just curious why you support Ferguson? So you think burning down the city changed anything other than making whites more racist than before?

this is going to become a trend in the inner cities. more riots when black men or women are assaulted by police, even though an investigation is pending.

ill never understand why they riot in their own neighborhoods , why not riot a nicer neighborhood?

newsflash - dont break the law, you wont have a confrontation with police. simple as that.

this is going to become a trend in the inner cities. more riots when black men or women are assaulted by police, even though an investigation is pending.

ill never understand why they riot in their own neighborhoods , why not riot a nicer neighborhood?

newsflash - dont break the law, you wont have a confrontation with police. simple as that.

I'm pretty sure they rioted in the "nice" section of Baltimore. They were at the footsteps of Camden Yards/the Harbor

they had to keep the fans in the stadium for an extra hr or two after the game. there were some fights outside the stadium area.

what a mess.

The three black gangs in Baltimore joined together this morning in a pact to kill police. This is really going to get out of hand in a hurry. Right now teenage gangs throwing rocks @ cops on TV.

The three black gangs in Baltimore joined together this morning in a pact to kill police. This is really going to get out of hand in a hurry. Right now teenage gangs throwing rocks @ cops on TV.

Really? The three gangs are joining forces?

11174940_479838242173142_6680948998096091175_n.jpg

Really? The three gangs are joining forces?

Baltimore Police station released a statement along those line...

"Police said in a statement that they have received information that members of "various gangs" — including the Black Guerrilla Family, the Bloods and the Crips — have "entered into a partnership" to harm police."

This is way beyond a protest.......it is a gang of thugs and hoodlums.......animals that have no respect for law and order and just love a reason to riot and loot stores and set fires and hurt or even kill innocent people. It is sad to say that the police have to step up and force this mess to a conclusion before others wind up injured or dead. And, where is Reverend Al? He should be on the scene with all his bullshit.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Firefighters trying to put out a fire and these nitwits cut the hose.

Watching Fox News and the guy (black sheriff from Wisconsin) said it so well. Something like: the protesters are the same hoods who would've shot this guy dead if he bumped into them by mistake in a club.

Maybe this will actually clean The B up a little bit.

My parents live in the B. Hopefully they don't riot near Whole Foods and all should be fine.

city is pretty much shut down.......schools and businesses closed.....Orioles game cancelled.......public transportation shut down. National Guard called up......could be another Kent St.

Bloods will avoid saying the letter 'C' because of their hatred for Crips, yet they will join forces in their hatred for cops. That's some "stronger than the storm" type shit.

Reactions: kjbert and obriend1
The best form of action to reaffirm stereotypes is definitely to keep making the same mistakes over and over again. That will get the world to take notice and promote change. Nothing to see here.

Reactions: obriend1
Last night I spoke to my parents. LIke most, I love my parents but sometimes they drive me nuts. Of course, I contributed to a few grey hairs over their years so all is fair. My parents are watching MSNBC and told me how this was just a "few high school kids" and the police are to blame because Rachel Maddow just said they paid out nearly $6 million in claims since 2011 due to mistakes. Well then, burn that bitch down. The good news is the violence is contained to the communities where these people live so they are mostly hurting themselves and their neighbors. Thankfully the Baltimore Mayor is doing a bang up job so I'm sure things will be under control shortly.

What is burning down a senior center going to do to keep the Police from killing people?

What is burning down a senior center going to do to keep the Police from killing people?
I'm obviously old enough to have witnessed the 60's race riots. 50 years have gone by and no progress has been made. We've spent trillions of dollars beginning with LBJ's Great Society and it's all been pissed down a rat hole with no benefit to the black community as a whole. Unless and until there's a meaningful dialogue about the source of the problem - the breakdown of the black family unit - nothing will change and all the money in the world will just paper over the problem. Are there legitimate complaints about a very small group of renegade cops? Sure. But that has little to do with this festering problem. But, we just got word that Rev. Al is on the way so we can assume everything will be OK once he arrives on the scene.

I can't wait for the show of force by the police and National Guard tonight and subsequent outrage about the "militarized" police response.

I think they should just let the idiots burn the place down.

these black people have as much hope as German jews

This is what happens under a white mayor and white police commissioner I guess. If Royce and Burrell were still in charge things would be different. Carcetti and Valchek never stood a chance.

You can agree or disagree with it - I sime truth and some excuses in it , but Peter Angelos had an interesting take on it I thought.

It's all well and good to offer whatever comment you like on whatever side you are on, but none of them address a way to change the cycle. Are the poor just meant to be there to be exploited, drag down cities, taken advantage of, cost taxpayers billions, be minnions, marginalized for our benefit, maginalized to threaten the rest ? Lot of this adds up to governments reminding us for the need for more goverment . Both parties - Dems for assistance and Republicans for more law enforcement and security - but both are more goverment, more power, more of our money and more control. Hard to be pleaesd with any of it.

You can agree or disagree with it - I sime truth and some excuses in it , but Peter Angelos had an interesting take on it I thought.

It's all well and good to offer whatever comment you like on whatever side you are on, but none of them address a way to change the cycle. Are the poor just meant to be there to be exploited, drag down cities, taken advantage of, cost taxpayers billions, be minnions, marginalized for our benefit, maginalized to threaten the rest ? Lot of this adds up to governments reminding us for the need for more goverment . Both parties - Dems for assistance and Republicans for more law enforcement and security - but both are more goverment, more power, more of our money and more control. Hard to be pleaesd with any of it.
Baltimore is a Democratic city, always has been. Yet somehow Republicans get blamed for things like this. Democrats retain power by keeping minorities down, it's a fact most people are afraid to admit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT