ADVERTISEMENT

Fundraising

NovaUSMC01

Bleeds Villanova Blue
Aug 25, 2001
Jacksonville NC
Got my donation request for T&F/CC from Villanova a couple of days ago. I am going to give some money. Anyone else planning on throwing some money to the team? Wish I could give more.

I know Oregon is in another stratosphere, but how far behind the other top programs are we? Obviously they print money at Stanford and probably Gtown.

USMC- Was thinking about giving something small this year. I'm sure every bit helps.

In terms of scholarships, I don't think we are behind the other schools. NCAA scholly limit for XC/Track are pretty small. I think we are maxed out on both the mens and womens sides.

Very few track athletes get full rides. Most are getting partials. Probably is if we give a kid a 1/2 ride, the kid still has to pay 25-20K per year. Michigan or Oregon gives a half ride, even for an out of state kid, and the kid may be paying 10-15K per year.

It makes a big difference. Just looked it up, for Mens TF/X the NCAA limit is 12.6 scholarships, for women it is 18.

So a coach must field an entire mens track and XC team on the equivalent of 12.6 scholarships. That means that unless you are a big time stud, you are probably getting a partial.

As noted, the scholarships are probably even. Additional cash would probably go to recruiting trips, which can be international a lot of times in running and so very costly, coaches salaries, etc.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think the biggest disparity between Nova and some of the other top running programs is amenities. Some programs have a team nutritionist, dedicated massage therapists, top flight facilites, excessive amouts of gear, etc. Your not going to get all that here.....and to some recruits that is a deal breaker. I think the you could see a swing like in college basketball where the top 10 - 20 recruits go to the heavily funded programs (like Kentucky, Duke & Arizona in BB) and we fight for the recruits outside the top tier. The optimistic thing is I think we could make similiar upgrades here without breaking the bank and be one of those top funded programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT