ADVERTISEMENT

Harvey vs Hamels Friday night

MakingLove2BeckyLobo

Diaper Dandy
Oct 10, 2009
In CoP. Phils could break 25K attendance for this one. Not as great a matchup as it seems. Queeny can't sniff Harveys jock. Mets should roll 6-0. Queeny will give up a few home runs. Turn off the oven.

beautiful weather and a great pitching match up, baseball at its best (less the phils lineup).

How many World Series MVPs has Harvey won?

Queeny is a consistently very good pitcher. Not a cy young contender, but reliable and every year starts out slow and rounds into to shape more and more each month. Not a high risk to blow out his elbow.

I'll be there, honestly expecting a ton of Met fans at the game. Hoping for a 20% show of the ~25k. I've seen a fair amount of Met caps walking around the CoP.

he never got to the Kershaw level and probably wont but he was clutch in 08. great change up and overall a great pitcher for the Fightins. was a huge piece in the phillies success. before Lee and Halladay it was only Hamles.

my only beef with him was in 09, he pitched one game in the WS (game 3) and let Pedro Martinez throw two. he should have pitched games 2 and 5 and let Pedro pitch game 3. with lee winning game one why not bring Hamels for game 2 and have your best pitcher try and take a 2-0 lead in the series.

i guess Mets fans found their voice since the Phils stink and the Mets are good this year. i guess they forgot about 07-11.

No Met fan has forgotten about those years. If anything, this season just makes us remember them in more detail.

he never got to the Kershaw level and probably wont but he was clutch in 08. great change up and overall a great pitcher for the Fightins. was a huge piece in the phillies success. before Lee and Halladay it was only Hamles.

my only beef with him was in 09, he pitched one game in the WS (game 3) and let Pedro Martinez throw two. he should have pitched games 2 and 5 and let Pedro pitch game 3. with lee winning game one why not bring Hamels for game 2 and have your best pitcher try and take a 2-0 lead in the series.

He was god awful in 09.

there was no way Pedro was winning a game in that series. Hamels on a bad night was better than Pedro on a good night. it was weak by both Hamels and Charlie.

The main problem with Hamels in the '09 WS was that the game he did start, he was on the mound for the high water mark of that Phils' run, staked to an early lead (I believe 4-0?), Phils could have taken the lead in the series and he blew it. Was at that one, on Halloween. The A-Rod camera homer was a tough break, but Hamels was Strasburg-esque in that one. Very unlike his 2008 self, and many years sense.

Afterwards, he said he just wanted the season to be over. Gutless that year.

2009 was the worst year of Hamels career, and he was awful the whole postseason. Martinez was coming off a great NLCS and pitched far better in game 2 than Hamels did in game 3.

utley is playing tonight. Will Hamels hit Harvey? or hit the lead off hitter in the 1st inning? not like the Phils are going anywhere this year. might as well do it early and get it over with.

Utley is hitting .103, Howard .220, that is the 3rd and 4th hitter. good job Amaro!

utley is playing tonight. Will Hamels hit Harvey? or hit the lead off hitter in the 1st inning? not like the Phils are going anywhere this year. might as well do it early and get it over with.

Utley is hitting .103, Howard .220, that is the 3rd and 4th hitter. good job Amaro!

Hamels hitting Harvey would be funny. Such a Queen he probably does it the inning before he knows he's getting pinch hit for. Would not have the sac to do it otherwise. Would be a good night to have Wright. He owns Hamels pretty much.

there is a name from the past, and Wager. Burrell was the greatest.

man the Phils had it all. Jose Mesa, 4 fingers Alfonseca. what a team.

I wonder if Matt Harvey will ever be a World Series MVP like the Queen?

Hamels hitting Harvey would be funny. Such a Queen he probably does it the inning before he knows he's getting pinch hit for. Would not have the sac to do it otherwise.

You haven't been paying attention to the Phils on their long way down obviously. Ask Bryce Harper and Mike Rizzo about this. Hamels intentionally hits people early in games. He's tough (or "fake tough" says tough guy Mike Rizzo, who knows tough guys like Strasburg).

only pitchers Nolan Ryan and Bob Gibson were actually tough, todays pitchers are such babies. they make flopping soccer players look like Ronnie Lott cutting off his own thumb to stay in the game.

I wonder if Matt Harvey will ever be a World Series MVP like the Queen?

Me too. Certainly looks like it's a possibility. Very talented player. Btw, 2008 called, said to remind you he was 7 years ago, and asked how you were doing now.

Btw, 2008 called, said to remind you he was 7 years ago, and asked how you were doing now.

Fond memories of 2008 for Mets fans, no doubt. Last time their baseball team was relevant after the AS break. Was a long time ago though so I forgot what happened.

post_back_10107.jpg

Me too. Certainly looks like it's a possibility. Very talented player. Btw, 2008 called, said to remind you he was 7 years ago, and asked how you were doing now.

I just get a kick out of Hamels being labeled a Queen when he was actually instrumental in lifting a title trophy.

By the way, 09-10-11 were also relevant seasons. I enjoyed them, too.

We're there even phones when the Mets last won?

I just get a kick out of Hamels being labeled a Queen when he was actually instrumental in lifting a title trophy.

By the way, 09-10-11 were also relevant seasons. I enjoyed them, too.

We're there even phones when the Mets last won?

You mean when they were doing their Washington Nationals impression?
(Gr8 regular season, losing to lower seeds)

For the record, I didn't label him a Queen. His own teammates seem to have come up with that.

You mean when they were doing their Washington Nationals impression?
(Gr8 regular season, losing to lower seeds)

For the record, I didn't label him a Queen. His own teammates seem to have come up with that.

For the record, they were nothing like the Nats in those years. They actually won a few series and made another WS. Pay attention better.....

For the record, they were nothing like the Nats in those years. They actually won a few series and made another WS. Pay attention better.....

Good regular season, heavy favorite, lost to lesser teams. Choke is a choke. Was never like they were some rag tag wild card team. Heavy favorite, usually form April onwards, fell well short. Good Nats impression.

Good regular season, heavy favorite, lost to lesser teams. Choke is a choke. Was never like they were some rag tag wild card team. Heavy favorite, usually form April onwards, fell well short. Good Nats impression.

I'm pretty sure the Yankees were solid favorites in '09. Do some research. I agree on the other two years. Ice always called those disappointments. Still, you're giving the Nats too much credit. They need to win a series first. I mean like one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT