ADVERTISEMENT

Masters

novabball2

VUSports.com Addict
Nov 23, 2012
best week in sports. National Championship game, opening day, and the Master's.

Who ya got?
Supposed to rain, course could be softer than usual.

I'm going Jimmy Walker at -14 to win.

I think it is either Rory, Keegan, or Bubba. Hot pick would be Spieth, but I don't know if he has the length.

id love to see Phil win one more. he'll be 45 this June, im not sure how much motivation he has left less the majors. amazing how in 86 Jack was old at 46. in todays golf game with the ball , equipment and training you can compete on some courses into your 50's. see Kenny Perry, Vijay, Couples.

Yes SIR!

article-2003138-0C8B340A00000578-279_634x358.jpg

Spieth will be in contention but don't think he has the experience to win it yet. Awesome to watch though.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I like Bubba again this year.

Is there a book out there taking action on which hole Tiger will quit on? Either that or an O/U on the number of holes he completes? I think 35 is a good O/U. Basically betting the under says that he will quit before he misses the cut.

Another prop I'd be interested in is who will throw more temper tantrums? Tiger or Rory?

id give Dustin Johnson as good a chance as anyone. long, great short game. nails hot chicks.

Heading down tomorrow for my first time ever. Doing Wednesday practice round and Thursday first day then rushing back to catch a 9:40pm flight out of Atlanta airport on Thursday night.

Am very pumped... Originally was invited for Wednesday (which I booked) and then a colleague emailed me yesterday with the "I know this is late minute but any chance you can meet me in Augusta on Thursday or Friday..."

(Agree with your comment that this is one of the best, if not the best week each year for sports)

Yea, close to it.

There's a will Woods make the cut and a will Woods withdraw prop.

+500 to WD and even money to make the cut.

I there's one for if he withdraws in 1st 2 rounds vs last 2 rounds as well.

Tiger will win & it will be the greatest moment in Georgia sports history.

Brupp

Two decks, how did you get the tickets, lottery? Told the wife at dinner tonight that masters is on my bucket list. Have to make it happen.

Guy I work with has had 4 tickets with his dad for 30 years. His dad passed away a few years ago so now he splits the 4 with his brother (every year they rotate - 1 gets Thursday-friday the other gets saturday-Sunday and then the following year they switch back). For the last few years I've told him - any time you have a last minute extra let me know.

For Wednesday, I have no idea where the guy who invited us got his tickets.

What reasons could you possibly give for not accepting a last minute invite to a day of tournament play at The Masters? Threesome with two super models scheduled that day?

tom dudes - there are tons of practice round tickets to be bought from scalpers mon-wed. like $150 per ticket or so. but there are so many.

i won the stupid lottery in 2012 and went to the monday practice rd.

two decks - things to do in the practice rds.

sit by 16 and watch the players and caddies skip it across the water, so much fun. sit by 12. amazing how hard a shot that is for 150 yds. the green is narrow and hidden by bunkers and the shadows of the trees. the 13th hole is the most beautiful in all of golf. #2 is the cliff hole at torrey pines south, then #3 is #7 at pebble. IMO.

check out the par 3 4th, might be the hardest on the course. 220+ par 3 to a two tiers green.

youll figure it out from there.

must eats - the egg salad on white and the sausage biscuit. everything is $1. including beers, keep the cups they give you. DO NOT drink until later in the day, youll be peeing non stopped and youll be wiped out cause its summer weather there.

the gift shop is insane, so expensive but the clothes are so nice and comfy.

the course is all hills. literally 18 you have to look up to see the fairway, there is no rough at all.

Phils shot on 13 in 2010 was easier than it looked on tv. check out that spot.

DO NOT takes cabs. its a rip off $35 per trip no matter how far you go. you can walk everywhere.

go to hooters after the rd. its the only place nearby, walk its only a mile at most. John Daily gets wasted and goes there and tries to sell grip it and rip it t shirts. he plays in the Augusta open that week. i saw him passed out on the floor. amazing stuff.

Originally posted by WhiteChocolate:
What reasons could you possibly give for not accepting a last minute invite to a day of tournament play at The Masters? Threesome with two super models scheduled that day?
Wife, kids, family stuff, cost, travel and general issue of spending a few grand to go watch one day of golf where you see little action. I just turned down going Sunday.

the actual tournament is not as good as the practice rds. its too strict where you can walk. the practice rds are open to walk everywhere but the greens. you can watch shots from certain fairway crossings.

Heard Wed and Thursday is the way to go. One year I'll make it down as I hear it's a beautiful/special place. TD have a blast and be prepared to tell us some cool stories. I also expect a picture with John Daly.

Perhaps he passed out at the Augusta Hooters and it was only reported on the 'Dark Web'?

Yes.

I think a mea culpa needs to be issued for embellishment and then we can all move on.

Originally posted by spg109876ers:

Brandle Chamblee says forecast is rain and wind out of northwest.

Says last NW winds in 2003 and 2007.
I'll follow up on this, too (since no one else will).

2003 - Mike Weir
2007 - Zach Johnson

Brandle: NW wind = surprise winner

The SPG Value Plays looking better?
Neither one of those guys would be considered big hitters. So the rain takes away a huge advantage for the bombers?

Given you are always a wealth of knowledge can you walk me through his thought process/theory on the NW wind?

Bombers tend to struggle in high winds. Hitting the ball solidly and straight in high winds is one of the hardest things to do in golf. High winds favor ball-strikers.

sorry it was John Daly the golfer, and it was the Augusta hooters near the course. no embellishment needed.

Originally posted by adp98:

Given you are always a wealth of knowledge can you walk me through his thought process/theory on the NW wind?
I didn't hear the whole thing clearly (on Live from the Masters television show last night, anybody?)

He did specifically mention 13 and 15, as if the wind out of the northwest (kind of at the players backs) helps the shorter hitters.

I was also regaled with this tale-of-twelve;

Story goes Bob Rosburg and his caddie do the maths for 12th and select a 4I (this is back in '54 or something). Just as he hits the wind dies and the ball sails over everything, clean out-of-bounds. So they start the whole process all over again, and sure enough the calculating spits out "4I", so he stripes it and winds up with 8 ft for bogey.
That is completely different than I expected you to answer. My thought was the wet course would limit the ability of the big boys to bomb it. However, when you put it that way and cite the wind it makes sense. This is why you need to keep doing your thing. Great stuff and thank you.

Long hitters have an advantage in wet conditions. The short hitters don't get as much roll so their stuck hitting longer shots into the greens. The long guys will get less roll too but it's not a big deal when you're carrying the ball 300+ and hit a 9 iron 180.

With such emphasis on launch angles these days, the bombers usually hit the ball quite high. For obvious reasons, this is tougher to do in the wind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT