ADVERTISEMENT

MLB trade deadline thread

My guess is they get Benoit. Store has been awesome but if you can get Kimberly you do that deal. Storen 8th and Kimbrel 9th is a nice set up

Btw, these touch screen keyboards ate the absolute worst. I've had one for almost a month and absolutely hate it. BlackBerry where have you gone.

Reactions: kjbert
My guess is they get Benoit. Store has been awesome but if you can get Kimberly you do that deal. Storen 8th and Kimbrel 9th is a nice set up

Yeah if you have the lead. I'd have gone for a bat instead. Nats bullpen is fine.

You can always use another stick, but the Nats absolutely need another quality arm in the pen. If you can grab a Kimbrel/Chapman, even Pap within reason you do it. The stakes are much higher come October and I think they are mostly ordinary down there.

Nats are missing one arm. They have enough young guys who can come in and throw gas. However, do you trust them come october? Get kimbrel

Giants making strong push for Hamels now. Per Rosenthal. They have 50 mil coming off books after this year. Not sure they match-up because I get the sense they lack top-end prospects, but the more teams involved the better.

I agree about the Nats needing a bullpen arm. I never understood moving Clippard. I thought he was a hell of a pitcher.

I like the Tulo-Reyes deal for the Jays. Tulo, for the 100 games he plays a year, is a very good player and adding him to that lineup makes it murder's row. But now did that deal cost them from getting an arm? They need more starting pitching, much more, especially over hitting.

Not to start an argument here, but given the Nats were mentioned, as a Phillies fan I love/hate Bryce Harper. He's a stud and plays super hard. If he was here in Philly he would be the most loved player in the city.

Scratch that Hamels to SF rumor. Fake account. God, there are so many losers out there.

Wait. Someone used fake acct to reoort deal was done. The real Rosenthal says the Giants are making a push, but the Phils question if they have enough to send back. Just as I suspected. I don't believe it's a good match.

The kangaroo went to the priates/nattitude games on Friday and Saturday. My buddy and I both agreed that the Nats bullpen is a bit underwhelming and could use another arm. Their bench is awful too, but that has more to do with injuries than anything.

I'm bummed the pirates didnt get clippard.

The kangaroo went to the priates/nattitude games on Friday and Saturday. My buddy and I both agreed that the Nats bullpen is a bit underwhelming and could use another arm. Their bench is awful too, but that has more to do with injuries than anything.

I'm bummed the pirates didnt get clippard.
The Nats have been playing without 4 of their 8 every day starters for a while. Clint Robinson has been battling cleanup for an extended period. It makes what Harper is doing all that more remarkable. The guy sees 1 or 2 pitches per night and crushes them. Their bench will be very good once everyone is healthy. They need an 8th inning guy.

Great move for the Jays, but their offense was already deadly. They need pitching. I can't believe the Mets did not get involved. If they move one of their young starters the Jays would have done that deal, they need pitching badly.

Quick note on the nattitude fans who decided to make the trip on I-70 and the turnpike to visit PNC over the weekend:

a.) There were more nattitudes than there were indian fans when the indians came to town a few days ago.

b.) Although I do not personally wear the name of other men on my back, I do keep an eye out for jerseys. Other than two or three adam dunn jerseys, most nats fans had current team members. That leads me to believe that they either started paying attention about 3 weeks ago or are wealthy like adp can can willingly pay $100 for a shiny new bryce harper jersey.

c.) Pirates fans, on the other hand, are must be poor or dedicated. There were actually two guys wearing original Aramis Ramirez jerseys. Keep in mind Ramirez was traded away from the pirates in 2003.

d.) Nattitude fans love to refer to their players on a first name basis. (Bryce, Gio, Yuni, clint, etc.). What an annoying habit

Nats fans by and large are rich people. It's baseball in DC.What's cool is the fanbase is really growing. More baseball lovers are adopting the Nats. I was a trend-setter. It also helps having Harper and a great park that is downtown. Nats games are becoming a thing. Attendance has been solid but now you're seeing people actually travel. It's like when the Phillies were good. Give us another 100 years and we'll get there.

Pirates might be in on Reyes? That would be cool. Nice to see those loyal fans rewarded. The Burgh is a great sports town.

Nats fans by and large are rich people. It's baseball in DC.What's cool is the fanbase is really growing. More baseball lovers are adopting the Nats. I was a trend-setter. .

Are you naturally just a dick or do you put forth effort to achieve this level?

Just wait to see how much Natitude there will be when they actually win a playoff series.

#NATTIUDE
#GITSOME

Are you naturally just a dick or do you put forth effort to achieve this level?

you still have figured out I'm simply playing my role. So I guess you could say I put forth efforts as it's a concerted pathway. Oh, and to be clear Nats fans are like Giant fans, a bunch of 1%ers. That's an observation from going to lots of games and knowing lots of season ticket holders. Giants simply have much better fans as they've been doing it a lot longer.

To be clear, San Fran giants not the sub culture that still attends an nfl game.

Would love to see Papelbomb wearing a Nats uni. Maybe he'll blow a save at a most inopportune moment to deny the Nats their first playoff series win ever.

Paplebon is a goofy bastard, but I don't need to see him fail. As a player he's been very good for this team. He would definitely help that Nats. A ton of experience that could go a long way in their pen.

Papelbomb is capable. Without question. I'm more interested in enjoying the prospect of the Nats failing to win a playoff series yet again.

On a side note, I see that Werth is coming off the DL. Forgot all about him. He was hitting a robust .208 when he went down with yet another injury.

You guys would have a field day if papelbohn comes to the Nats and blows an October game. I might be afraid to enter the inet for a week or so.

I wouldn't remove storen from the closer roll. If it ain't broke.... Papelbon would pitch the 8th if I were the Nats and if he can't handle that then don't trade for him.

I wouldn't remove storen from the closer roll. If it ain't broke.... Papelbon would pitch the 8th if I were the Nats and if he can't handle that then don't trade for him.
That's a dealbreaker for the Papster. He will only close.

You guys would have a field day if papelbohn comes to the Nats and blows an October game. I might be afraid to enter the inet for a week or so.

Paplebon doing poorly in October would be more a product of being surrounded by losers who can't win when it counts.

Ben Zobrist (A rental) to KC for pitchers Sean Manaea (KC 3rd ranked prospect & BA's #81 after '14).

I like what KC is doing. Going for it, as they have traded their top two prospects for two rentals. They inderstabd that a handful of players have arbitration years approaching and they want to win now. Good for them. Give yourself the best chance to win, especially after being a doormat for so long. Not sit on guys who may or may not be good down the line.

Exactly. Stay and be miserable losing in Philly or come compete. We already know he wants out so what is his leverage? Only way he comes.

Love what KC is doing/done. Can't decide if I jump on KC or the Pirates as my 2nd favorite/bandwagon to hop on team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT