ADVERTISEMENT

Penn Relays - Women's 4x1600

sebastianc

Diaper Dandy
Apr 11, 2010
Penn Relays is four weeks away. Interesting to contemplate the 4x1600 for women. Or is it 4x1500? Reid, Mimic and Lipari will make-up three of the legs. Who is the fourth - Callie Hogan, Alison Smith, Amanda Marino or even Kelly McElroy or Summer Cook? I don't believe Sarah Morrison will be a factor.

They came close, last year, with arguably a stronger team. Wright of Tenn ran a very smart anchor to seal the win. Reid ran well but not smart on the anchor. You simply don't try to pass a runner like Wright on the turn. Hurt her. But I think Reid is a superior runner, this year, so it will be interesting.

Hogan of two years ago would be the choice, but this year ...?

Women have a good chance of winning two - DMR & 4x1600.
This post was edited on 4/10 3:53 PM by sebastianc

It is the 4x1500 for College Women. It is scheduled for Friday at 1:30. DMR is Thursday.

Based on Saturday's results at George Mason, it is a contest between Kelly McElroy (4:24.13) and Ariann Neutts (4:24.22). Amanda Marino is still a possibility (4:27.86).

If McElroy and Neutts remain that close, it will probably go to McElroy because Neutts will have run Friday on DMR.

Interesting thought: It is possible that Smith and Marino will have never competed on a relay at Penn during their four years...

Recall there was a potential recruit, from last year, who chose not to attend VU because the talent was too good.

sebastianc,

But they were integral parts of two NCAA XCountry Championship teams. You mention the grad student from WF. I remember the grad student from Brown who ran about a 2:05 for Michigan when they bested our long-standing record. I think she might have held ten school records at Brown. We once ran a supposed 4:02 grad student miler from Princeton one year who ran about 4:13 at Penn for us. I'll be down for all three days. Go Cats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT