Scherzer
DeGrom
Harvey
Niese
Fister
Scherzer
Zimmerman
Strasburg

I started this thread for one reason only. To get BWs predictions on total runs scored.

I'm setting the O/U of runs scored at 24.5. Give me your over/under and the total runs you expect in these 10 games.

Sidenote: with 7 games vs Nats it's possible some unearned runs score because their SS is a butcher.

I will take the over. But only because I'm thinking they will get 7 in one game, then scrape together a bunch of 2's to barely make it over.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Can you believe they are trotting David Buchanan out there every 5 days? What a bunch of assholes.

Burrsies, that's a very good number at 24.5. Hmmm, I'd probably have to go with the under. There will be a few shutouts and a few one run games. I'll say 23.

Obviously the phillies are horrible, but even bad teams break out for 6-7 runs once every 10 games. I'll say 33.

Better yet, what will their record be in those 10 games?

I'll go with 2-8.

Originally posted by gldendog:
Can you believe they are trotting David Buchanan out there every 5 days? What a bunch of assholes.
Yes, I can. He's not amazing, but an average starter last year in 20 starts.

David Buchanan bonus fact: the Mets wasted a 6th round pick on him in 2009.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:

I knew they should have traded that pick for Darren Sproles.

It doesn't matter that they were facing those quality pitchers, they would be just as woeful against anyone. The Red Sox ran out 3 average at best starters this past series and the Phillies only scored 6 runs. Their offense is terrible. They are lifeless and really boring to watch. It sucks because I love baseball and the Phillies - but you fall asleep watching these games.

Originally posted by NovaHoops2002:
It doesn't matter that they were facing those quality pitchers, they would be just as woeful against anyone. The Red Sox ran out 3 average at best starters this past series and the Phillies only scored 6 runs. Their offense is terrible. They are lifeless and really boring to watch. It sucks because I love baseball and the Phillies - but you fall asleep watching these games.
Come on board the Nats bangwagon. You can still see the Phillies 19 times per year and now you won't care they are completely devoid of any hope or near future.

phip.r191677.gif

F*ck this team. Anyone who gives them a dollar in ticket or merchandise sales right now should be shot until they fire Amaro and hire some scouts with a clue. I cannot and will not support this.

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:

I knew they should have traded that pick for Darren Sproles.
1396031101218.gif

F*ck this team. Anyone who gives them a dollar in ticket or merchandise sales right now should be shot until they fire Amaro and hire some scouts with a clue. I cannot and will not support this.
th

Originally posted by Novacatt94:
ec
Who is that?

26 in 10 games but since it's APRIL it's unlikely that all 10 will be played as these opponents are both in NLEast and rainout now would make for Doubleheader in July or August

DH's are separate admission

Not like old days

Originally posted by Helen&HouseDicks:
Here comes the run.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I had the boys run around the dining room table lady night. I wanted to get that out of the way. Might not have too many chances.

The Phillies have hit .210 thru 5 games and that pretty much sucks. Yet, 12 teams are worse. The pitching is very good around baseball, but hitting blows anymore.

Ryan Howard with a breathtaking 15 pitch golden sombrero tonight.
For Christ's sake, please just pay him to go home and promise that he will never touch a bat again.
Its interesting how the Phillies operate. Howard was initially blocked in making the bigs because of Jim Thome and his big contract - and diminishing abilities. Now, Ruf is clearly the better option at first, but the Phillies still trot Howard out there. They've already spent the money. Who cares if Howard plays? Put Ruf out there, and see what happens.

And you won't see much worse of a "performance" from a $20 million player than Howard yesterday.

Unless things unexpectedly change, then I don't think Howard makes it past June, maybe sooner. You'll see it in increments. First platoon, then dropped in the order, and when he's still hitting under .200 they'll just cut their losses eventually.

Originally posted by steve_vu9196:
Howard was initially blocked in making the bigs because of Jim Thome and his big contract - and diminishing abilities.
Thome was riding a streak of 4 straight 40+ HR, 100+ BB, .950+ OPS when howard came up. That decision was based on long term potential.

Currently, just about any stiff in AAA could be inserted in Howard's place and player better defense and at least comparable offense.

Game 4: 0 runs (Total 10)

Reasonable chance for zero again tomorrow.

Harang with good outing..

Re Howard: Unless Phils get Howard protection,He won't see any Fastballs---all garbage;and away..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT