ADVERTISEMENT

Siofra Cleirigh-Buttner Leaning Villanova?

LSU-Nit

All VUSports.com Team
Feb 5, 2003
Well, it looks like Siofra C-B's visit to Villanova went well -- she just tweeted that she had a great visit and "I hope to be back soon." Sounds very encouraging.

siofra-worlds.jpg

This post was edited on 5/1 8:27 AM by LSU-Nit

This post was edited on 5/1 8:31 AM by LSU-Nit

Siofra C-B's Twitter feed

Great news.

It appears that she was visiting during the Penn Relays. A great moment and a great way to sell the program. Another plus is that, even though Akande and Lipari graduate, Margey, Piccirillo and Schappert return. That is a good foundation for continued success at Penn if Siofra comes. She has to be thinking about that.

Very cool.

Check out her Twitter feed: @Siofrog

Nice photo of her with Villanova #1 foam finger (see below) on her recruiting visit.

2:03.86 -- still only 18 years old.

Bmih-yXIUAA25Rg.jpg

This post was edited on 5/20 10:47 PM by LSU-Nit

At Penn Relays, we were conceding the immediate to future to Stanford women. Weissenbach is so good. And this incoming class with Olivia Baker (NJ) ... Girl is really good. Should have seen her anchor in the Girl's 4x800 (2:02.55). But if Siofra comes, then VU is in the conversation. Still need just a little more.

Interesting that there doesn't seem to be any competition? It appears it's either VU or stay domestic.

I have to wonder too if Sean Tobin will stay at ole Miss? He's doing well there but maybe it was a matter of honoring a national letter before transferring (not having to sit out)?
I do think transfers are an area that is going to get more attention. I notice Oregon --and others-- looking at the Ivies for grads with remaining eligibility. Apparently there's no redshirting in the Ivy L.

Siofra C-B tweeted a photo (see below) on May 18 -- wearing Villanova gear back there in Eire. Hoping that's a sign of something good.

Bn8AJFVCAAELsuO.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT