ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Post All Met Teams

Steve T

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...me-all-state-boys-and-girls-basketball-teams/

This doesn't include any of the private schools in the Baltimore area

Kids I like from a Nova perspective:

Dre Perry-JR Poly. Worth looking at. Probably not a starter at our level but is a tough rugged combo. Love him!!! Probably goes A10 and does work when they play the big boys

Demetrius Mims-soph Poly. Big (6-4ish) very athletic guard. HM potential player

Rasheed Brown-soph Lake Clifton. Tough typical rugged Baltimore combo guard. Straps on Defense. really good scorer. Could end up a tougher, better Reggie Bryant. Really good student. High hoops IQ for a young player

Antwan Walker-SR HD Woodson. Totally slept on recruit..I guess because DC Publics have been down for a few years. Some bigger schools are now interested but they want him to prep so they can track him more. Just an athletic, tough foward. Probably more of a depth guys for us based on the 1 time I saw him, bu he can play at our level. In a lot of ways, he reminds me of a kid like Jamal Olasawere who got some late HM interest but went to LIU and starred for 4 years. Dropped 20 vs KY in the Dance one year. If he preps, would be a nice forward in the mix after Jenkins and Hart leave.

Kiyon Boyd-SO HD Woodson. REALLY good and talented. Reminds me a lot of an Austin Freeman type 2/3 Big solidly built kid already. I would be shocked if he doesn't end up HM.

Chris Lykes-JR Gonzaga. Well my feeling have been known about him for a couple years now. Can be a 4 year starter even at the HM level if he picks the right school and a secure coach. Tough because EVERY bad game he has will be blamed on his height and fanbase panic will set in. Guys like Arch, Dunn, DSR,...and plenty of other bigger guards have had abysmal games in their careers and it gets chalked up as a bad game. Every bad game Lykes has will, to fans, be proof that the team needs a bigger guard. Sad, that he probably won't be allowed to just have a bad game at the HM level. But, I'm sure if he chooses to go the HM level, he realizes this.

Luka Garza-JR Maret. Another kid I really like and have since he was a frosh. I would imagine adding Painter probably shoots down any interest in Garza.

Prentiss Hubb-JR Gonzaga. Funny because he has more solid and deeper HM interest than Lykes does. I don't think he is even 70% of the player Lykes is, but he fits the Johnny Bravo suit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News