ADVERTISEMENT

XC roster now up

excattyguy

'Nova Nation Sensation
Nov 29, 2007
missing from the roster is Josh Lampron
This post was edited on 9/4 3:28 PM by excattyguy

Lampron is a middle distance runner who maxes out at 1500. That's not really a surprise.

Katie Fisher (Ontario, Canada)

Did we know about Katie Fisher from Ontario? I don't recall her name showing up in all our "speculations" about recruits. Best track times I could find are 10:10.07 for 3000m and 4:41.49 for 1500m. Seems to be strongest in XC.

She won the Athletics Ontario Junior XC individual title last November over 5000m. She was 7th (in 18:31.11 over 5K XC) at the 2013 Canadian Nationals XC Junior championship -- about 8 seconds ahead of another Villanova recruiting target (for 2015) Charlotte Prouse (also Ontario) and a full 1:56 ahead of now-Villanova-teammate Nicole Armstrong (20:27.52). In fairness, Armstrong is an 800/1500 runner and is way faster than Fisher at those distances (2:10 and 4:26). Fisher qualified for Team Canada with that result at XC Nationals.

So, interesting recruit.

This post was edited on 9/5 9:30 AM by LSU-Nit

Canadian XC Nationals 2013 (Results)

That's not really a surprise.
"-----------------------------"

I happened to notice that too. 800m guys, have been on the roster. While this isn't a surprise I'm certain Lampron does the same base as everybody else if he's healthy.

Now that the roster's up I thought there may be a chance we may see something unexpected. Not that I had anything in mind, but things happen?

Josh Lampron is on the XC roster now and will be 1 of the 7 guys running today at the Big Five Invitational.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT