ADVERTISEMENT

2011 - New style of play?

Nov 2, 2009
By DOUG FEINBERG
NEW YORK (AP)

"Villanova only averaged 51 points last season and Perretta credits the offensive outburst to finally having more depth.

"We actually have a bunch of players who can score," he said. "We don't have to slow things down.""

So, is this confirmation that we will see a different women's game this year?

The coach has spoken... Looking forward to an exciting season...

Anybody going to the Marist game?

I am thinking of making an attempt...

IJM - Marist is a no go for me although I am trying to make as many as I can. I am on my own for the Princeton game Saturday and the mid-day Wednesday game at Lehigh late in the month so perhaps we can touch base at one of those. In any event I will try to get you via e-mail with regard to some other things coming up.

Two games does not a season make, but I was really pleasantly surprised with the up-tempo play and really looking forward to see how this plays out over a season. See Coyer's recent post under Nice Win!! and my posts for the MSU and Iona games for more on the new style of play.

Yo, see if I can get to a few games. Godd to see Joe Crawford helping out. He was associated with Comets AAU and NBA ref. Just looked at the box scores. A freshman starts!! Another freshman plays!! That is a big difference. We generally do well when we shoot a good percentage of the threes. The BE knows our style of play and lets our cutters move through, since they know we generally look for a kickout to shoot the three. Same with drives to the basket. We have run in the past, not often. Problem is harry loves to control tempo and control game. Literally pointing to places on the floor where he wants the players to be with 5 seconds on the shot clock. He has had the horses before, just chose not to run them. Intersting. He has a lot of respect for Crawford. A Comets coach, Linda Guenther, is his next door nweighbor. Her husband is an assistant at Cardinal O'Hara. I'm Ok if the oplayers are happy and they seem to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT