ADVERTISEMENT

5 years ago today

man the day Chip wins the SB the city might elect him honorary mayor. he'd remove all the blacks with attitude from the city.

What's wrong with attitude???

Villanova%20Attitude%20Club.jpg

its literally 24.7 chip talk on the radio. i cant take it. Gargano was already drawing up a game plan for certain defenses this morning. he has it all figured out.

cobbs is the worst. McCall is the old Peco course and JFK is the golf course down by the stadium.

i only play PA's finest private courses.
Do you belong to Merion, Aronimink or Philadelphia CC?

philly country and philly cricket arent even all that great. i prefer Rolling Green to both those courses. i also like Applebrook and White Manor over the Phila Cricket and Phila Country.

Is this Novaball guy real with some of the stuff he comes up with? It has to be an act, right?

Is this Novaball guy real with some of the stuff he comes up with? It has to be an act, right?
I just want to know what "Maybe" means for being a member of Aronomink. Does that mean he's too cool to say he is? Does it mean he's too baked to remember?

I've played Rolling Green and White Manor. Solid private courses. Personally, I wouldn't call them the finest. But to each their own.

A lot of golf course expectations managers in this thread. Let's get back to the point of this thread. In 5 years, the CoPhillies have gone from celebrating perfect games to celebrating converting their marginal third base prospect to a corner outfielder while having 5 full on punch and judy hitters in their lineup: Revere, Herrera, Galvis, Utley, post-adderall Ruiz.

What ND points out is all the more horrifying when you consider CBP is still easily one of the three best hitters parks in baseball for the long ball and has little room for many extra base hits other than balls that just miss being homers and a little piece of right center field.

While you hear the organization say things that seem to indicate they are trying to be more like the Royals in terms of the lineup, I can only hope they don't mean it and it's just part of an effort to act like they have a plan and try to put a team on the field the next couple years that isn't the worst in baseball, but only one of the worst. all this approach does is guarantee that we go into a gunfight with a pretty dull knife every night.

Looking at the bright side, there's no way the decomposing Utley and Ruiz are around when the Phils approach respectability again, and I hope not Revere either (please no). And you can live with one of a Herrera or Galvis, at least in the infield (so maybe Galvis), I don't expect us to take the Rizzo approach and pretend we're trying to field a lineup of a half dozen DHs or first basemen. Need more power hitters please. When guys are moved, especially if one of them is Hamels, need to turn the power back on.

White Manor is the one of the more difficult courses I've ever played. I really like that place.

My favorite in the area that I've played is Overbrook though. Just a beautiful course. Never been lucky enough to play Aronimink or Merion.

Friend of mine is a member at Huntingdon Valley, I like that code a lot too. Have only played once but it was one of my best rounds.

is bethpage even a nice course? other than its incredibly hard to get onto and hard to play whats special about it? the USGA picked it for the Open cause of its difficulty. i prefer winged foot and shinnecock to bethpage
I would bet you've never played any of the 3.I've played just about everywhere I've wanted to and can tell you Shinecock is nearly impossible to get on. Having played 2 of the 3, Bethpage is a great golf course and as good as Winged Foot. Tillinghast design, just pure golf. Only issue is you have too many golfer not good enough playing the wrong tees. Makes for a very long round, which sucks. Regardless, there are thousands of awesome public golf courses in the country, much better than whatever shit club you play in Philly. I know you are not a member of Arronomick because you're not 50 years old (nothing but old people there) and they are serious golfers. No serious golfers would make the statement you made. However, I've got a proposition. We can do a home-and-home at Overbrook. I'll even pay the guest fees at Arronomick. We'll play Overbrook in the morning, grab lunch there, drive down the street and play Arronomick in the afternoon. You just let me know what dates work for you.

Last edited:
Per dmill's rules only t
White Manor is the one of the more difficult courses I've ever played. I really like that place.

My favorite in the area that I've played is Overbrook though. Just a beautiful course. Never been lucky enough to play Aronimink or Merion.

Friend of mine is a member at Huntingdon Valley, I like that code a lot too. Have only played once but it was one of my best rounds.
Overbrook is great. I've only played 9 at Huntingdon Valley...really liked what I saw though.

Harsh, ADP.

novabball----saying you prefer Shinnecock and Winged Foot to Bethpage is like saying you prefer London and Paris to Boston.

Harsh, ADP.

novabball----saying you prefer Shinnecock and Winged Foot to Bethpage is like saying you prefer London and Paris to Boston.
Harsh, I"m inviting the guy for a free round of golf and buying lunch. Sounds like a generous offer. I simply have a low tolerance for obvious bull$hit.

Haha...somehow your full post didn't show up...just the first part. I'm trying to not indulge the guy but golf is my weakness. When are you in MI next? Golf and lunch on the math teacher.

Haha...somehow your full post didn't show up...just the first part. I'm trying to not indulge the guy but golf is my weakness. When are you in MI next? Golf and lunch on the math teacher.
I have a buddy down here who is from Michigan. He says there are probably 10-20 incredible tracks up your way. My buddy just played Erin Hills and sent pictures. That's now on my to-do list for the next 18 months. Looked amazing. He said much better than the Koehler courses including Whistling. Thoughts?

Lots of quality public golf up north (novabball would hate it). Watched Erin Hills on TV when they had the US Am there a few years back. Never played Kohler but everyone raves about it. I've played the MI equivalent-Arcadia Bluffs:

main_img11.jpg

im not a fan of overbrook too many blind shots. i do like Huntingdon Valley, hard greens. Im a member at two clubs in PA and i promise they are not "shitty Philly courses" at least the USGA and PGA tour doesnt think so.

if you ever have a chance to play white manor take it. they redid the course in 2002-03 and its very underrated in the area. beautiful layout and incredible land. sometimes the greens are a little slow later in the afternoon but the course is always in great shape.

What's wrong with Paxon Hollow? I am playing there on Saturday. I always enjoyed that course as it's always in decent shape for a muni.

you cant be serious with PH? i have seen people out there with boots and jean shorts and the course is terrible. when i first learned to play 15 years ago paxton was the closest public course to me. i guess i just got spoiled with private courses and look down upon the munis like any Villanova elitist snob would.

you cant be serious with PH? i have seen people out there with boots and jean shorts and the course is terrible. when i first learned to play 15 years ago paxton was the closest public course to me. i guess i just got spoiled with private courses and look down upon the munis like any Villanova elitist snob would.

Geez, but this cat is trying way too hard.

The Sizemore signing harkened back to the efforts to piece together a joke of a contender with the Marlon Byrds of the world the last couple years. At least he wasn't as expensive as some of those purchases. But on the downside, he was a couple million down the drain. Another bidding war Ruben must have won with himself.

I think the Sixers are pretty much a lock to be in the playoffs before the Phils are again. That said, more spots in hoops and in the East teams pretty much have to try not to make it, so not quite the same thing.

It's possible...

Former All-Star Dom Brown is settling in nicely in that Lehigh Valley lineup. Great to have organizational depth like that. Hopefully his testosterone replacement meds arrive soon. 0 HRs in 45 games.

What's the point of keeping Nola in Reading at this point?

He's mostly a mutt, but they spent $3M to bring back equally mutt-like older players (Sizemore and Francoeur). Look for Dom to get released in the offseason and have a Werth-like late 20s renaissance with the Marlins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT