ADVERTISEMENT

8 thoughts following Providence

JHoops

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
1. Ben Bentil is the best player in the Big East. Physical gifts and basketball skills merging together. Tailor-made for the new small-ball, positionless NBA.

2. There is not enough differentiation in our 2016 guard arrangement between Arch, Jalen, and Booth. They all do the same things and none of them does anything extremely well. All three are mediocre athletes (at best), poor defensive players, inconsistent shooters, and average to below-average breakdown playmakers. All three will have great careers, but they simply do not compliment each other currently. All three are feeling the impact.

3. It's time to put the ball exclusively in Arch's hands. It's been weeks since Jalen has put together a really strong game. Move Phil Booth into the starting lineup. It's been weeks since he's put together a strong game as well, but I believe this is ultimately due to the fact that hasn't been given a clear role on this team. As the starting 2-guard, he will be asked to be a scorer who can initiate a stronger offensive attack from the jump. Either way, I am positive that Jalen will not be removed from the starting lineup. Perhaps, that is the wiser move in the long run.

4. Daniel Ochefu has had one of the most disappointing careers in recent memory. I say this because he has so many physical gifts and basketball skills, but he just can't put it all together consistently. Given what we know about Daniel, he should be dominating this league. He got his butt handed to him yesterday.

5. Mikal Bridges is the most exciting thing about our program currently. His athleticism is refreshing. His competence and effort are surprising. Wonderful redshirt. Will wreak havoc in the BE for years to come.

6. Kris Jenkins is the one of the most unique and dumbfounding players I've ever seen. He simply doesn't know what he is on the court. Increased minutes has given way to poorer shooting: he's simply too tired to be a true threat from beyond the arc. Shots are short. It would be nice to see him operate from the elbow into the post instead.

7. Josh Hart struggled for the first time this season in yesterday's game. He will bounce back. He will replace Arch as the primary leader next season.

8. Next years team will be more equipped to beat a team like Providence. We will be stronger and longer. Could we start Brunson, Hart, Bridges, Paschall, and Spellman? Futhermore, will Spellman be able to compete with Bentil? We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.