ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of thoughts in mid-July

JHoops

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
1) I am really looking forward to hearing/watching some games in the Peach Jam this weekend. I am intrigued to see what Dylan Painter shows. I believe I am on record to passing on him, but it could be intriguing to see what he does, especially since he is six foot ten.

2) The more I think about it, I believe Quade Green and Lonnie Walker can play with each other. Both have very good ball skills and are good shooters, in the case of Quade he is an elite shooter. While Quade may be on the smaller side, Lonnie is bigger and can make up the difference. For Quade I see a little Scottie Reynolds in him, he just knows how to score and shoot. I think these two would make for a lethal backcourt. The way Qaude can shoot makes him coveted and a special player.

3) Watching Jalen Brunson play last week was a treat. We got not a good one, but a special one. A true PG, not only gets everyone involved, but makes everyone better. He has a ticker in his head in when and where to get someone the ball. For example, Giles didn't get the ball for three straight possessions in a game last week. Jalen slowed the ball down and made sure Giles got a touch. Most PG's at his stage don't realise that when a player needs a touch, in that case most of his teamates would chuck up a shot. A very good stutter move and finishes. I envision a lot of three guard lineups next year.

4) Simply, I see Arch playing more off ball than we have seen in previous years, which I am good with. We have two finishers, Arch and Jalen.

5) I think Mikal Bridges will provide us a punch off the bench this year. He is a wildcard for us. He has way too many skills and too much versatility to not be on the court for an extended amount of time. He gives Jay a ton of options and he can shoot the ball. Iike his game, I think he is being slept on.

6) I would like to see Arch, Booth, Jalen, Hart, and Ochefu lineup to start the year. I think that is our best lineup with Bridges, Jenkins, Reynolds, and DD coming off the pine.

Go Cats

Reactions: kmill14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News