ADVERTISEMENT

After Pitt

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
Cats open home schedule v Lehigh at 6 PM Sat Sept 10.
The next week Towson visits for a really important game. Parents weekend, 3:30 KO.Then at Lafayette. Then down to Elon. Back home for URI.
Cats could be 5-1 going to Richmond, by far the best in the CAA and top 5 in the country.

Cats will find out early (Games vs. Lehigh & Towson) what type of team they have.

Both games are at home and are opponents that we must play at a high level & limit mistakes.

Lehigh has a potent PL offense & has switched to the Villanova 3-3-5 defense this season. Preseason pundits have them at the top or near it for the PL title.

Towson has high hopes with a lot returning & a QB transfer from Oregon. They have a bad taste after missing playoffs despite a 7-4 record last season.

I believe these 2 games will tell you a lot about how the Wildcats fare in Coach Talley's last season. They will define the season. IMHO.

Good point Gangtackle11. What is even more important is that the Cats come out of the Pittsburgh game not too banged up and no serious injuries. No doubt the games with Lehigh and Towson will be difficult. I like the fact that the Lehigh and Towson games are at home which should help the Cats. Cats should have beaten Towson last year.

Cats will find out early (Games vs. Lehigh & Towson) what type of team they have.

Both games are at home and are opponents that we must play at a high level & limit mistakes.

Lehigh has a potent PL offense & has switched to the Villanova 3-3-5 defense this season. Preseason pundits have them at the top or near it for the PL title.

Towson has high hopes with a lot returning & a QB transfer from Oregon. They have a bad taste after missing playoffs despite a 7-4 record last season.

I believe these 2 games will tell you a lot about how the Wildcats fare in Coach Talley's last season. They will define the season. IMHO.

I wholeheartedly agree that the Lehigh game will be a test. One of the reasons you play good OOC teams is to give your team a test. However I expect Villanova to pass this test with flying colors. IMO VU is the better team from a better conference.
Towson is a different story. Everything GT says about Towson is true. This game will be a big test. I do however see some positives for VU. It is our first conference game, being played before a huge Parents Weekend crowd. Our kids should have a bad taste based on their performance last year at Towson. Cats win.

Reactions: Bobby Dix
I wholeheartedly agree that the Lehigh game will be a test. One of the reasons you play good OOC teams is to give your team a test. However I expect Villanova to pass this test with flying colors. IMO VU is the better team from a better conference.
Towson is a different story. Everything GT says about Towson is true. This game will be a big test. I do however see some positives for VU. It is our first conference game, being played before a huge Parents Weekend crowd. Our kids should have a bad taste based on their performance last year at Towson. Cats win.

"huge Parents Weekend crowd"..........what, maybe 10,000 at best? Would expect a decent crowd from Towson which would boost the attendance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT