ADVERTISEMENT

American Sniper

gldendog

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Jul 24, 2001
Good, not great movie.

I have been reading Chris Kyle's book. The whole situation with Jesse Ventura suing him for defamation is just a bizarre story. Apparently he kept on with the lawsuit even after Kyle died, siphoning almost 2M from Kyle's widow. What a guy.

Apparently Kyle was not a great human being in many respects. Guy seemed to have a fair amount of mental health problems.

Arak,

Movie4k.to

You need to get better acquainted with the powers of the internet.

It's also been out in destination cities. I know NY has 2 theaters that have been playing it for a couple of weeks.

They seem to be advertising this movie an awful lot. In my experience, that means it probably isn't very good.

Originally posted by gldendog:
Good, not great movie.

I have been reading Chris Kyle's book. The whole situation with Jesse Ventura suing him for defamation is just a bizarre story. Apparently he kept on with the lawsuit even after Kyle died, siphoning almost 2M from Kyle's widow. What a guy.
Not a great look by Ventura.. on the other hand aren't defamation suits pretty hard to win? Meaning he had to have a good case and didn't Kyle have chances to retract his lies about the guy before he died?

I want to see the movie, as I understand it, Eastwood does a good job exploring the nuance war today using Kyle's story, despite the fact that many patriots are seeing it as red meat.

Kyle is an interesting character, seems to be involved in a few tall tales with his Venutra story, shooting looters during Katrina and the gas station robbery.

Gdog, when you posted this I went and took a look. Is it really legit? Why, when you pick a movie, does it send you to another site to sign up again? I'd really appreciate more info. Thanks!

Yes. Legit. Only click on links with large smiley faces. Best quality.

Close out of all the ad pop ups until you get to the video load page. You are streaming. But you can download the videos only through internet explorer.

You usually have to sift through 3-4 pop ups to download software or some other crap. Ignore it and keep closing the windows until you get to the video play page.

Use Nowvideo whenever you can. Or Novamov.

I guess you've already paid your "fair share" for copyrighted movie content?

Michael Moore is either the greatest troll ever or the stupidest man on the planet.

Planning on see the movie this week.....reserve judgement 'til then..........But, if the criticism is about the story, I definately feel all the efforts of the military in Iraq and Afghanistan are exemplary and they are all hero's. Terrorism has to be defeated no matter what it takes.......and I'm wondering when the US and it's allies are going to take the offensive in obliterating all terrorist attacks in the future. It's time that the world can get on an airplane with out standing in a security line for hours.

Originally posted by Mainliner II:
Planning on see the movie this week.....reserve judgement 'til then..........But, if the criticism is about the story, I definately feel all the efforts of the military in Iraq and Afghanistan are exemplary and they are all hero's. Terrorism has to be defeated no matter what it takes.......and I'm wondering when the US and it's allies are going to take the offensive in obliterating all terrorist attacks in the future. It's time that the world can get on an airplane with out standing in a security line for hours.
Number of Iraqi nationals that committed an act of terrorism of any kind in another country before 2003?

War was a joke and the biggest mistake in US foreign policy history - and that's saying something considering the competition it's had before and since.

Lot of good men, and 3T in your money. Gone for good. And for what?

I think Moore is a troll the likes of a ncaaball. And with Twitter so easy to accomplish. A few seconds and instant publicity and over reaction from your biggest targets. Hannity and o'reilly should send him a thank you card since I'm sure they'll beat his tweet to death.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Been reading a lot of comments and social media content about the movie. a LOT of people are firmly divided between:

Liberals who reserve the right to criticize the glorification of the Iraq war and emerging details about Kyle's persona - despite his feats in battle.
Conservatives: The movie is perfect opportunity to praise U.S. military personnel; Kyle in particular was a bona-fide Amercan hero.

Kyle was a sociopath. Text book pretty much. The guy enjoyed killing. But here is the thing - he's exactly the guy they want in that situation. Though my old man, I have heard a lot of the old timers talk about being in a war. To most human beings, it's brutal. It haunts them. They killed another human and it never leaves their psyche, no matter how much they believe in the cause. They would never choose to do it again.

Kyle genuinely enjoyed killing people. He bragged about it in the book again and again. He reveled in it. He signed up to do it again and again. He even made up stories about doing it - despite having no real need to make up content about killing - he had plenty of that, but still made up things about killing more. I suspect he wanted to kill more. He never regretted a single moment of it. It never haunted him. It was no big deal. Very black and white. I personally do not think him a hero nor a villain. He's partly the product of some awful decisions made way over his head and partly a troubled individual. Tragic on many levels.

Easily the best sniper movie ever...

220px-Sniper_poster.jpg

More than you will ever pay and still already paying on previously taxed funds. Unlike you and NC94's alt, "Alt", who, with no facts at all, is concerned about what someone else who you don't know and have never met has paid, I wish everyone would pay at least as much as I have because it would mean they are making an awful lot of money and having a financially successful life.

being in a war. To most human beings, it's brutal. It haunts them. They killed another human and it never leaves their psyche, no matter how much they believe in the cause. They would never choose to do it again.

I think you nailed it

Originally posted by CarDashian:
being in a war. To most human beings, it's brutal. It haunts them. They killed another human and it never leaves their psyche, no matter how much they believe in the cause. They would never choose to do it again.

I think you nailed it
I was just discussing this further with a former Navy friend of mine. He said he believes beyond a doubt that Kyle was not capable of living a civilian life. He said in his travels he had met more than a few guys like this. It's not an indictment, it's just the reality. As I heard another Army guy say - "they spend 18 months training us how to be a soldier, and not a single day training us how not to be when we're done. "

Very tough to understand to those of us who were never there or never went through it. And as I have been saying for years now, regardless of your opinion on the wars, recent or past, the job this country does helping veterans is as big a failure as we have in anything we've ever done. Utter utter failure. Very sad, and as we know, pretty dangerous as well. When they don't kill themselves, they sometimes snap and take others with them, usually a loved one. Should be one issue that is truly non partisan, and in a way it's not. Both parties agree - they dont give a damn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT