ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have the 2016 fball schedule?

tplav2003

All VUSports.com Team
Mar 14, 2004
Setting up a sept oct vacation and looking to plan with football schedule in mind. Tks Tom

9/3 @PITTSBURGH
9/10 LEHIGH
9/17 TOWSON (Parents Weekend)
9/24 @LAFAYETTE
10/1 @ELON
10/8 RHODE ISLAND
10/15 @RICHMOND
10/22 ALBANY (Homecoming)
10/29 BYE
11/5 @MAINE
11/12 JMU
11/19 @DELAWARE

Reactions: ericw
I like this schedule. @Pitt, Lehigh, @Lafayette (a nice little road trip), @Richmond, JMU and Delaware are all games with interest to them. Towson, @Elon, URI, Albany, and @Maine are games you have to play due to conference affiliation - so the interest is in terms of needing to win them for conference standing reasons.

Reactions: Bobby Dix
I still cringe when I see teams like Elon and Albany on Villanova's schedule. They are in our conference and they have to play them, but their names are so small time. I still never got used to Towson being in our league.

Reactions: Box+1 and ericw
I still cringe when I see teams like Elon and Albany on Villanova's schedule. They are in our conference and they have to play them, but their names are so small time. I still never got used to Towson being in our league.
So, I decided to look on Elon's website to look at their stadium, etc. Their most notable sports alum in MLB ump Cowboy Joe West.

That makes me even feel worse!! I'm sure Elon is a good school, but athletically, not in VU's league.

I like this schedule as well. The Pittsburgh game might be a fun trip to take.

And they have better facilities than we do

And they have better facilities than we do
Nova has reached a point where our facilities are super first class. The new football building will be one of the best in all of FCS. So I assume you were referring to the stadium.

Any plans of playing at PPL again? JMU game would have been a good one this season. Only game I've seen in person in recent years was JR's great comeback against Delaware in 2013. 22 points down with 8 minutes to go. A game for the ages and a Peyton award worthy performance.

Reactions: Bobby Dix
I love the venue of PPL Park. I was at both games. The only problem is having the game late in the afternoon in late November with a cold win whipping off the river. The weather was miserable both games. I think playing a good opponent at noon in mid October would be a winner

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT