ADVERTISEMENT

Being a champion feels goooooood......

qwe015

All VUSports.com Team
Oct 2, 2009
Some of you know what I'm talking about. Others of you root for the Jets... anyway:

It feels good to be a champion. You root for a team all year. You deal with haters making crazy claims (ie, peyton manning is better than tom brady, etc...), and you push it off. you just focus on the task at hand: rooting for your team to win ballgames. The haters will make excuses, try to deflect your success, and fail to appreciate the role you play in your team's success. But at the end of the day, you know deep down that you made a difference, and that part of this win belongs to you.

Those Eli Manning fans out there feel me. You deal with CoP'ers claiming that donovan McNabb and the Sanchize are better.

The 2008 phillies fans feel me. You guys rooting your heart our for jimmy and chase and ryan and queeny to beat jose Reyes, rey ordonez and David wright and some other guys. And you won. But the mets fans just made excuses, and then your team fell apart. But you earned that win. You rooted real hard. You made good things happen.

My fellow patriots fans know what I am talking about. We root wicked hard for our team and today we became champions (again). The Dean and other haters will try to diminish our accomplishments, compare us to trent dilfer or Phil simms. But we know we are special. We root better than any other fan, and we matter.

Time to go deflate some balls.

Some professional organizations are worthy of 4 hours a week for 20 weekends per year. Not many, but the patriots are one.

Gr8est thing is, you can all jump on board. There are no proprietary rights in professional sports fandome. Any one of you could have enjoyed tom brady's career. You just chose to root for the mangenius and Koy detmer and Kevin Kolb instead of tommy.

Originally posted by qwe015:
Some professional organizations are worthy of 4 hours a week for 20 weekends per year. Not many, but the patriots are one.

Gr8est thing is, you can all jump on board. There are no proprietary rights in professional sports fandome. Any one of you could have enjoyed tom brady's career. You just chose to root for the mangenius and Koy detmer and Kevin Kolb instead of tommy.
Great win. I've now been a Pats fan for all 4 championships, This one was sweeter than ever, though I really thought it was going to have to go to OT with a last second game-tying FG drive by GoaT Brady.

I honestly wonder how much Pete Carroll made by betting on the Pats last night.

Couple of horrible picks by Brady last night. I know the QB is always the most likely choice as MVP for the winning team, but how often does a guy get the MVP with two picks on his score sheet? And most of his passes were check-downs.

Typcial CoP attitude displayed by lowry99 right there. It is a similar attitude as when a very pretty girl's picture is posted and some interweb geeks say she is not that hot.

Nobody is perfect. Seattle has a very good defense. It is not about perfection, but rather getting it done. And last night the patriots overcame the largest super bowl deficit ever, they came back from double digits in the 4th quarter, brady engineered two fantastic touchdown drives and made it happen.

And it feels good to be part of that result because I rooted for it to happen.

Originally posted by lowry99:

Couple of horrible picks by Brady last night. I know the QB is always the most likely choice as MVP for the winning team, but how often does a guy get the MVP with two picks on his score sheet? And most of his passes were check-downs.
I thought edleman could have gotten it, but the way the pats spread the offense around it makes sense to give it to Tommy Football. your check-down comment reeks of jealousy - there were plenty of excellent passes made. the first pick was awful, the second one not so bad...not many LBs can make the play wagner did.

Originally posted by lowry99:

Yes bad picks but Brady really redeemed himself on the last two TD drives. You can say Seattle choked it away and yes they f*cked up the end of the game in ludicrous fashion but Brady did his job and got the lead back. Seattle got complacent and assumed they would win with a 10-point lead. New England's short passing game is pretty unstoppable if a defense continuously allows short gain after short gain with missed tackles mixed in.

What was it, 13-15 4Q and 8-8 last TD drive? Against #1 defense in league and supposed historically great defense. Have to just tip cap and wait for father time to someday secure victory over Tommy boy.

Nobody won that game last night........Seahawks handed it to the Pats......There may have been 2 people in the entire world that thought the Seahawks would throw on that play.......the rest were waiting for the sure TD. Unfortunately, the 2 were Carroll & the offensive coordinator.........So be it.......just glad the NFL is over for 8-9 months, although the media will be on this for weeks. Guess the deflated footballs are a thing of the past.

Touted as great call if it succeeds. It's also difficult to score on short and goal via the run, look at Lynch's numbers in that situation, they are not good. If it were so easy, yes, they would have run the ball. It is not that easy.

Originally posted by Mainliner II:
Nobody won that game last night........Seahawks handed it to the Pats......
Seriously Clark? Tell me about the two 4th quarter touchdown drives the Pats had or Hightower's game saving tackle of Lynch at the goal line before the INT or Edelman's amazing catch on 3rd and 14 in the 4th when he got crushed but held on.

You could also point to bad plays the Pats made that aided the Hawks significantly like the lack of press coverage on the play at the end of the first half TD pass or the brutal INT Brady threw to Lane.

In the course of any game there are numerous moments/plays that all contribute to the outcome. what if seattle hadn't foolishly burned a timeout earlier in their final drive?

it's lazy to zero in on one play. game is 60 minutes

Also props to the NE defense for shutting down the Hawks in the 4th quarter and of course the last play. The Hawks defense was tired because of the three and outs from their offense in the 4th quarter. Carroll is a very good coach but he was not the best head coach last night. Brady made a couple bad plays but the great ones forget about that stuff and move on and that's what he did.

No chance they stop Lynch on two tries. Horrible call. If they run the ball the narrative is on Brady's two picks and three-time Super Bowl loser. I was looking forward to that story. Too bad.

Originally posted by adp98:
No chance they stop Lynch on two tries. Horrible call. If they run the ball the narrative is on Brady's two picks and three-time Super Bowl loser. I was looking forward to that story. Too bad.
I feel for Wilson a bit but besides him, not a big fan of the Seahawks. Carroll, Lynch and Sherman are all annoying.

Originally posted by NovaNation1188:
I've now been a Pats fan for all 4 championships,
JessNotThisShtAgain.gif

Been a Pats/Bruins/Sox/Celtics fan since my birth in 1988, and boy... it feels good to be a winner.

That is all.

It feels good, doesn't it porterhouse and nn1188. Feels real good.

We did it!!!

Originally posted by adp98:
Even worse that with 50 something seconds left, there is a good chance they actually just let him score there. They get the ball back with just under a minute and 2 or 3 TO's.

Look, it is one thing to deflate your balls all over your keyboard pre-season because your team just signed a mediocre cornerback, or because your back up qb called your team the Dream Team, or because you think Sexy Rexy is awesome.

But to actually experience a championship is a gr8 feeling.

I hope one day our eagles and jets fans friends can experience it too.

Originally posted by qwe015:
Look, it is one thing to deflate your balls all over your keyboard pre-season because your team just signed a mediocre cornerback, or because your back up qb called your team the Dream Team, or because you think Sexy Rexy is awesome.

But to actually experience a championship is a gr8 feeling.

I hope one day our eagles and jets fans friends can experience it too.
You feeling good enough to send the 100 you promised 3 times?

Yup

You can buy a bunch of tom brady bobbleheads for the little adps with the cash!!

Qwe

If you ever win the Super Bowl, think you'll make out with your own daughter?

Belichick-Kissing.jpg

Ewwwwww....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT