ADVERTISEMENT

Ben F'n Affleck

He keeps saying how classy Tom Brady is. Didn't he get a girl in trouble then leave her? Or are we only supposed to disparage black athletes for that?

He keeps saying how classy Tom Brady is. Didn't he get a girl in trouble then leave her? Or are we only supposed to disparage black athletes for that?
By all accounts, he has been a good father to the child he fathered with Moynahan. They broke up before she knew she was pregnant.

Reactions: kjbert
By all accounts, he has been a good father to the child he fathered with Moynahan. They broke up before she knew she was pregnant.

I was always bothered by that timeline. How does that happen?

But Rayhad/DP makes a very good point. Can you imagine if Terrell Owens or Ocho Cinco dumped their pregnant girlfriend for the world's most famous and wealthiest supermodel?

I was always bothered by that timeline. How does that happen?

But Rayhad/DP makes a very good point. Can you imagine if Terrell Owens or Ocho Cinco dumped their pregnant girlfriend for the world's most famous and wealthiest supermodel?
Are you asking me how procreation works?

Are you asking me how procreation works?

Jesus no. It seems odd to me that someone would be in a committed relationship with someone so quickly after bedding and breaking up with their current girlfriend.

Or, that someone would still gravitate towards a new companion even after learning that you're going to be a father with someone else.

Reactions: GaryMassey
TO and Chad get a pass when they continually dump their pregnant baby mommas for less attractive tail.

i cant even imagine what sports radio is like in Boston. Brady can do now wrong but was this really necessary to put on HBO? is that all Simmons has to offer is bringing on a small minded Pats fan to discuss Tom Brady? He was GREAT when he first started at ESPN. His NBA draft diaries and trade machine were the best articles annually on ESPN.

i cant even imagine what sports radio is like in Boston. Brady can do now wrong but was this really necessary to put on HBO? is that all Simmons has to offer is bringing on a small minded Pats fan to discuss Tom Brady? He was GREAT when he first started at ESPN. His NBA draft diaries and trade machine were the best articles annually on ESPN.

I agree. Bill Simmons the blogger was great. Bill Simmons the $9M/year TV star is the ultimate douche. He's become the ultimate humble bragger.

He wrote a column years ago called The Atrocious GM Summit. Prob the best piece of sports writing I've read.

I agree. Bill Simmons the blogger was great. Bill Simmons the $9M/year TV star is the ultimate douche. He's become the ultimate humble bragger.

He wrote a column years ago called The Atrocious GM Summit. Prob the best piece of sports writing I've read.
I think some of the writers he had at Grantland were really good. Zach Lowe was/is awesome for NBA stuff, kinda makes up for some of his other crap. Him on TV is painful, and choosing Boston centric guests to start his show really don't help his image.

A 46 year old man (with salt & pepper hair) still referring to Bird as "Larry Legend" is cringe-worthy. There have been so many better NBA players who've come after Bird...it's almost as if Simmons thinks he's the only one who saw Bird play.

Reminds me of the middle-aged guy in Varsity Blues who still shows up at the Pep Rally. (See what I did there?)

What no NE fans gets is that they dint punish Brady for deflate gate solely - it was basically a the years of bullshit the Pats have been pulling that has been questionable at best and more likely straight up shadiness and cheating. Just felt like the NFL letting out a collective 'we're sick of your bullshit, Pats"

and choosing Boston centric guests to start his show really don't help his image.[/QUOTE]

Kinda reminds me of when Magic Johnson had Arsenio Hall as the first guest of the magic hour. I think his second guest was the father from Family Matters. I was maybe 10 when that aired and I watched and kept watching thinking this show cant be this bad. it was.

Have you ever heard the show where Howard Stern makes fun of The Magic Hour? They play it now and again when he's on vacation. So funny.

This is actually what upsets NE fans the most. Deflategate was a joke. Not worthy of any punishment. Yet they used deflategate to punish for other perceived crimes. Like giving somebody 50 years jail for a traffic ticket because you think he did other things wrong.

What no NE fans gets is that they dint punish Brady for deflate gate solely - it was basically a the years of bullshit the Pats have been pulling that has been questionable at best and more likely straight up shadiness and cheating. Just felt like the NFL letting out a collective 'we're sick of your bullshit, Pats"

Have you ever heard the show where Howard Stern makes fun of The Magic Hour? They play it now and again when he's on vacation. So funny.
That was classic. Then right before the show went off the air Magic invited Howard on in a last ditch effort for ratings-it was a classic appearance.

Shoop - i have heard it.

you bad, you bad, you let that girl give you the HIV , you bad.

obviously you have had to hear it for that to be funny but it was classic Stern.

Haven't heard it in years but Howard just goofs on all Magic's Ebonics and limited vocabulary. Amazing what he's been able to get away with on the air.

Simmons has a new article out on Pat Riley, and of course its centered around KG, the Celtics, and Riley's place vs Red Auerbach.

Simmons needs to tone back the Boston nonsense, you have a national show, make it a national show. That said I like how he doesn't mince words. He doesn't kiss anyone's ass and that's what is needed in journalism. Not BS, stock answers where you try to be everyone's friend. That's BORING and too commonplace. I like him because he is different. Same thing with Gregg Doyel.

Simmons needs to tone back the Boston nonsense, you have a national show, make it a national show. That said I like how he doesn't mince words. He doesn't kiss anyone's ass and that's what is needed in journalism. Not BS, stock answers where you try to be everyone's friend. That's BORING and too commonplace. I like him because he is different. Same thing with Gregg Doyel.

1) He made his bones with Boston sports shtick. Can't lose that completely.
2) He does kiss a$$. He's friends with many athletes, execs and celebs now. You don't see him ripping his friends. He's not the common fan's blogger anymore like in 2001.

Jesus no. It seems odd to me that someone would be in a committed relationship with someone so quickly after bedding and breaking up with their current girlfriend.

Or, that someone would still gravitate towards a new companion even after learning that you're going to be a father with someone else.

or...relationship was on the rocks, tom was clearly about to move on, the girl gets some breakup sex on the calendar and conveniently forgets to take her birth control pills just as she's hitting her mid-30's and her career is about to go from movies to tv. and boom, she's got a golden parachute.

Reactions: tomjackleman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT