ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Simmons

as002

'Nova Nation Sensation
Oct 9, 2009
I know he was the espn golden hype boy this yr, but what do you guys think?

I guess he could be good, but from what I saw he is fairly passive without the ball and not the type of guy who can take over a game. Also, his attributes seem to be more in the skill/craftiness department than athleticism (which isn't always a bad thing, as I would say the same about Paul Pierce or Carmelo).

This kid from Duke, Ingram, needs to put on some weight. He's going to get pushed around by the men in the NBA.

Simmons is more ready now, but in the long run it's not stretch to think Ingram could turn out better. He was basically a HS senior playing at Duke last year. Looks like he'll always be thin, but will stronger in time. ie Kevin Durant was thin and still is, but is much stronger than what he was at Texas.

Simmons is a good athlete, too. i question the coaching at LSU. Bluntly, I thought it sucked. Simmons body is impressive. Look at his shoulders. He has a chance to be a monster, who is very skilled. Not worried about him not shooting the ball from the perimeter all that much. The form doesn't look broken. He's extremely unselfish and sees things developing before many others do.

I'd go Simmons for the Sixers. I wouldn't have been disappointed with Ingram, tho.

Has there ever been a #1 overall pick who played in college, but his team was not good enough to make the dance? (in the 64+ team era)

Good call. Totally overlooked him.
Clippers should have as well.

20140424-billsimmons-x624-1398358752.jpg

Reactions: LizReed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT