ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Upset in years Cats win 21-20

PCH

VUSports.com All-American
Jul 14, 2001
Zach and Kevin Gulyas hook up for 12 yd TD with 36 Secs. to go. Win after Cats D blocked Richmond xp on their previous drive.

Last edited:
Gametracker didn't say. Kelvin Gulyas had best game of his career. 8 receptions (tied career high), 2 TDs, 122 yards.

Last edited:
Great win. In my opinion, it looked like we were offsides on the blocked extra point.

I sat up in Sec NC today and had the absolute pleasure of being within earshot of Joe Eichorn who did some play by play in the stands and it was awesome!!

On 4th down!!! Zach threaded the needle on a slant and Gulyas grabbed it hard under. close coverage. One more to go. Bring on JMU!!!

On 4th down!!! Zach threaded the needle on a slant and Gulyas grabbed it hard under. close coverage. One more to go. Bring on JMU!!!
Cats lost a heart breaker last season down there 10-9. Pay back. Great win. These VU kids deserve this good win after what happened to them this season.
Congrats to a tough group. One more. At JMU when their students will be on Thanksgiving break.
Go Cats

Last edited:
Reactions: tmccarv
Playoffs are in play. Three teams tied for second in CAA at 5-2, Nova, JMU and Richmond. JMU needed ago ahead TD with 16 secs. to go to beat weak Delaware team 24-21. The game is on.

How was Gulyas ever a walkon? Wasn't he all-pa ? I can see the bigs not offering because of size, but tough to believe no offers from 1-aa (fcs).

I sat up in Sec NC today and had the absolute pleasure of being within earshot of Joe Eichorn who did some play by play in the stands and it was awesome!!
Why isn't he on the broadcast team any longer?

Richmond won the stats battle but lost the war. Their turnovers did them in. Makes up in part for the two games, , Penn and Towson, where Nova beat themselves by turnovers.

But as old time USC coach McKay said in effect, "there are hundreds of millions of Chinese who have no idea of who won the game."

Richmond won the stats battle but lost the war. Their turnovers did them in. Makes up in part for the two games, , Penn and Towson, where Nova beat themselves by turnovers.

But as old time USC coach McKay said in effect, "there are hundreds of millions of Chinese who have no idea of who won the game."
As it turns out Penn (6-3) has a good team. However the performance by VU ,coaches, players, in the Penn game was the absolute worse loss in the Coach T era. D2 New Haven beating a Westbrook VU team is a close second.

As it turns out Penn (6-3) has a good team. However the performance by VU ,coaches, players, in the Penn game was the absolute worse loss in the Coach T era. D2 New Haven beating a Westbrook VU team is a close second.
Penn has turned out to be a pretty good team, but I agree, Ed, those are the worst two losses in Talley's tenure. From another standpoint, the Syracuse game was the toughest, IMO, in the Talley era. Came oh so close to beating a name 1A team.

Ironic that a kick wins us the game after soooo many games were lost to missed PATs or FGs!
BTW student section was very good hanging in there with the game. Tom

Reactions: UncleEd
Special teams were excellent. All 3 extra points were successful, punting game and coverage good and the forced fumble recovery on the second half kickoff was huge.

Penn winning at Harvard, snapping their 22 game win streak, and tieing for the Ivy League lead with one game to go, has to help our cause

Reactions: tmccarv
Great job by the Cats in yesterday's win over Richmond. Defense played very well and I thought Zack Bednarczyk showed great poise in the winning touchdown drive. Feel very good about Cats chances at JMU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT