ADVERTISEMENT

Borgata MLK Day Controversy

RSTRICK30

VUSports.com Legend
Jul 11, 2001
Discuss

borgata-mlk-menu-fried-chicken.jpg

"..these were his favorite foods."

Pecan pie is intriguing. As a side I heard that vanilla bean ice cream wasn't offered.

Not racist. That is like saying it is racist if they offered a Chinese Buffet for Chinese New Year or Italian food for Colombus Day. These are foods that a large percentage of African Americans enjoy, heck most people enjoy fried chicken, the sides are traditionally southern and black comfort foods.

Heck, I eat fried chicken, mac & cheese and sweet potatoes, and I've had collard greens and pecan pie, and I'm white!!

Don't see how this is offensive in the least bit.

If the menu were red hot chips and grape soda, then maybe their gripe is legit.

Originally posted by 50ShadesOfCreigh:

Or if mayonnaise was strictly forbidden.

Originally posted by 50ShadesOfCreigh:

[/QUOTE]
Or if mayonnaise was strictly forbidden.

Or tipping.....

When they say "mac and cheese," do they mean Kraft straight out of the box?

Or is this some kind of delicacy that certain segments of the population supposedly can't get enough of?

vujoe - its probably more of a home cooked mac and cheese. never got the love for mac and cheese.

Originally posted by novabball2:
vujoe - its probably more of a home cooked mac and cheese. never got the love for mac and cheese.
I'm fascinated about how these culinary stereotypes have developed, or if they are even true in the first place.

Not racist. That is like saying it is racist if they offered a Chinese Buffet for Chinese New Year or Italian food for Colombus Day. These are foods that a large percentage of African Americans enjoy, heck most people enjoy fried chicken, the sides are traditionally southern and black comfort foods.

what a relief

i painted the trim in my kitchen, actually

i don't get the reference but if dr. v liked it i'm sure it's both clever and inoffensive

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT