ADVERTISEMENT

CAA offensive player of Year... JR

Do you think, when the coaching staff is downing a few brews after yet another great performance by JR and another win for the 'Cats, do they sit back and say, "damn, even we didn't think he was this good when we recruited him out of high school" ?

GECat74: I imagine they do. You probably remember, even after he redshirted his Freshman year, he was behind Polony who started in the opener against Temple. J.R. came in, in the second half. The rest, as they say, is history.

I asked his parents at the last game what it was like watching him in high school. "Just the same".

Cats have perhaps the best QB in FCS. The next 4 games will confirm it. Meanwhile some escapee from the nuthouse is posting about some little known foreign sport on the Villanova football board.

I think Polony was viewed as the #1 coming out of HS. After he started 1st game last year & got hurt, JR came in, took over, & never let go ... he became a STUD QB ever since, even Polony conceded when he returned. I have respect for Chris for staying at VU as a back-up QB. He could have transferred after JR became the entrenched #1. We are so fortunate to have 2 QBs that have mutual respect. I sometimes wonder how VU would look today if JR weren't there, & I can't. I'm counting our blessings & look forward to the next page of the JR story every game. I never thought a VU QB would ever be better than Chris Boden, Chris Whitney, & even Brett Gordon. JR has surpassed them all. Has Talley ever had a bad signal-caller harking back to the day of Kirk Schulz? Was Tom Columbo considered a good QB?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT