ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Temple in 2017 and 2018

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
That means Cats at UConn in 2015. Cats will beat UConn. At Pitt in 2016. At Temple in 2017 and 2018. GO CATS.

I'm glad to hear that.

Ed have you heard anything about the Penn & Fordham series? I can't see Penn wanting to continue now that Andy's buddy Bagnoli is retiring.

Central-I heard Fordham if off. So two of the three OOC games are at UConn and Penn. IMO it is time to end the Penn series.
Hearing Fordham will be replaced by a Pat Conference team.

Will Temple have a football team by 2017? Lots of buzz about them dropping the program. Not able to financially sustain it.

Ugh. Not happy about this. BC/Cuse were great games against a good conference. I just don't get, besides financials of course, why Temple is always high on our list.

gwe - I heard some talk along these lines. However what I hear even more is that the TU president wants to build a football stadium adjacent to TU campus. He is from the Midwest. Really does not understand college football in the northeast.

Enjoy playing Temple, but concerned the game doesn't afford the VU program visibility beyond Philly. Although it affords heightened visibility in Del Val. So the value of the game must be weighed carefully. Fordham was a short trip, but not essential component of schedule if we play at Stony Brook. Penn game has sunk to the level of embarrassment. If they are dying to play VU every year so be it, but it wouldn't break my heart to vary the mix with Princeton or someone new (Georgetown. Heh, heh, heh)

We would be a 40 pt favorite against Georgetown. More competitive game if we played Notre Dame.

We will be favored by about the same this week against URI. Not sure this is good for program if it happens too often.

I know it's only 1 FBS school per season, but wouldn't mind playing Duke, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, or 1 of the academies instead of an Ivy or Patriot team.

This post was edited on 10/6 2:07 PM by Gangtackle11

VU should continue rotating through the non-elite ACC programs, filling in gaps with AAC programs like Navy, Temple and UCONN. In other words, if it ain't broke.....

I think playing Temple this year and last would have been interesting. In fact, I think if Robertson had started the Temple game two years ago, it would have been a close game. I think the game three years ago when Temple absolutely hammered VU, was the only truly noncompetitive game of the 5 games played in the 2000s. The game two years ago, while the score was lopsided, Villanova had a lot to do with that. I would prefer playing other teams for our 1A game.

Get off the soapbox, I mean dope box,

Originally posted by DCFRANKLIN:
VU should continue rotating through the non-elite ACC programs, filling in gaps with AAC programs like Navy, Temple and UCONN. In other words, if it ain't broke.....

Gangtackle11: Like the 4 schools you named. Of the 4, W.F. might be the best possibility. We did play them 10-12 years ago. Now that Dave Clawson, our former OC, is their Head Coach maybe it will happen again. Of course, if a game was scheduled in 2018 or so he might not be their coach. He doesn't stay at any school very long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT