ADVERTISEMENT

Cats with JR could have beat finalists. ND St. & Ill. St.

PCH

VUSports.com All-American
Jul 14, 2001
From what I saw of these games JR would have pulled out wins against either finalist. ND St. is best remaining team after poor showings by San Houston St. and CAA regular season winner UNH.. ND RB Crocket will be playing Sundays next year. None of the QBs exhibited the talent of Nova's Peyton award winner.

ND State is phenomenal. They are a cut above most non-power 5 FBS programs, and all of FCS. Saying we could beat them is easy. Actually do so would be difficult. I would have said E Washington was the only one with a chance, but they failed to reach the semis. Lets see how UNH does against them. If UNH keeps it close, than maybe I will concede its a possibility, as I Believe Robby & Co. are better than UNH.

Love our team, but I think N.D.S would beat us. SHU scored 34 against us, could only scored 3 against N.D.S. They may not be as strong as last year but they are very good. They have a machine out there. Anyone have an opinion how they do it? Lost 22 Seniors from last years N.C. team. Lost their head coach and he took most of the coaching staff with him, and yet they are back in the N.C. game going for their 4th in a row. Announcers, who mentioned numerous times that Keeler brought in 15 transfers, never mentioned, (at least I didn't hear it if they did), if NDS brought in any transfers. Lose 22 seniors, your H.C., and most of your asst. coaches and still go to the N.C. game, impressive to say the least.

Sam Houston State coould have simply run out of gas ala Villanova in 2010 when we ultimately lost to Eastern Washington from all the travel. I would have loved a shot at NDSU. VU is better than Sam Houston especially with Robertson. It would have been tough, but I would hhave loved the chance.

As perhaps the only Temple alum to ever step foot inside the Fargo Dome (and a true follower of FCS/avid AGS'er) for a football game I can easily say it would be tall, tall order. The Bison are not quite as good this year relative to last season and probably 2012. Their OL and DL are not quite as dominating and Wentz doesn't have the offense down like Jensen did. Their WR's are also a little shaky. Smith was a nightmare matchup over the last 3-4 years. Plus Williams at CB was the Dion Sanders of this level.

CCU really outplayed NDSU for most of the game last week and SDSU had them dead to rights the week prior. NDSU had to score with about a minute left to beat the Jackrabbits. Both the Chants and SDSU are better teams than SHSU. SDSU really took off when their QB, Sumner, returned from injury. CCU was disrespected all season because of the conference they play in. The Big South proved to be pretty darn good...

I picked 'Nova to win the title over UNI in the AGS bracket challenge. I saw them in person against Syracuse and came away extremely impressed. With Robertson there's no question you beat SHSU and push NDSU to the brink. Illinois State with Coprich at RB is a beast. The fact they never played NDSU in the regular season caused plenty of people to question just how good they are. For the most part ISU clowned a really good EWU team in Cheney.

It looks like a pretty cool atmosphere in there. I know ND is not a very populous state but it appears they like their NDSU football.

Prospect: Good point. I had forgotten about SHS's travels. Could have been a factor in their poor showing. N.C. game should be interesting with 2 Missouri Valley teams who didn't meet during season playing for all the marbles. Could have been us and UNH doing the same thing if we both had won out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT