ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Talley's Remarks at Barbeque/Practice

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
Nice crowd. Lots of parents. Many VU Sports posters. Coach makes the rounds to meet everyone. Then speaks to the group about the coming season. He mentioned that if anyone saw the morning practice they would not think Cats were so highly ranked. Then said many players were out with minor ailments.
Obviously Cherry and Robertson are great .They along with Reggie Paris are excellent leaders.
The defense is way ahead of the offense at this time. Defense is very good. Loves the D line. Good, strong and deep. DBs are a great group. Singled out Tanoh Kpassagon DE 6-7,280, runs like a deer. O line is a work in progress. Had to replace some very good players. RBs Underwood and Javon White are looking good. Really heaped praise on punter John Hichen. Punting high and far. During the practice Hichen did impress. Field goal kicking is coming along. Coach has faith in Steve Weyler. Talked about the new football building now under construction being super. Will enhance all sports. Cost 18m,16m is in the till.
First three games are super tough. Will give us an idea about this team. Told parents to have patience. Fitting in as a player in our program takes time. Said he can't guarantee PT but one thing he can guarantee is their son will graduate with a respected degree from a very, very good university.
Thanked Howie and Diane Long for their million dollar gift. Mentioned the timing was good. Another million donation came in, maybe spurred by Long's donation.
I can't remember what I had for breakfast today, let alone what else Coach said on Sunday. Maybe some other posters will add something.
GO CATS

Nice crowd. Lots of parents. Many VU Sports posters. Coach makes the rounds to meet everyone. Then speaks to the group about the coming season. He mentioned that if anyone saw the morning practice they would not think Cats were so highly ranked. Then said many players were out with minor ailments.
Obviously Cherry and Robertson are great .They along with Reggie Paris are excellent leaders.
The defense is way ahead of the offense at this time. Defense is very good. Loves the D line. Good, strong and deep. DBs are a great group. Singled out Tanoh Kpassagon DE 6-7,280, runs like a deer. O line is a work in progress. Had to replace some very good players. RBs Underwood and Javon White are looking good. Really heaped praise on punter John Hichen. Punting high and far. During the practice Hichen did impress. Field goal kicking is coming along. Coach has faith in Steve Weyler. Talked about the new football building now under construction being super. Will enhance all sports. Cost 18m,16m is in the till.
First three games are super tough. Will give us an idea about this team. Told parents to have patience. Fitting in as a player in our program takes time. Said he can't guarantee PT but one thing he can guarantee is their son will graduate with a respected degree from a very, very good university.
Thanked Howie and Diane Long for their million dollar gift. Mentioned the timing was good. Another million donation came in, maybe spurred by Long's donation.
I can't remember what I had for breakfast today, let alone what else Coach said on Sunday. Maybe some other posters will add something.
GO CATS
Thanks, Ed. Good info. See you Sept. 3.

GO CATS

Great job, Ed. Andy did mention that they would love to have more people in the stands. Some of us discussed how Halloween game at 7 PM isn't a the best scheduling, but the game being on TV wins out. Have to play it then. He also said how pleased he is with the verbal commitments they have gotten so far.

Talley also mentioned that the night game at UCONN favored Villanova. Not having the depth of scholarship players means noon day heat can deplete his roster 2nd half - like it did at BC

Talley also mentioned that the night game at UCONN favored Villanova. Not having the depth of scholarship players means noon day heat can deplete his roster 2nd half - like it did at BC
Well done Uncle Ed. I,d prefer we had one or two more on the offensive line. Sat next to parents of a frosh OL guy who went to Lancaster. Parents have since moved to Kenneth Square.

Reactions: Bobby Dix
Well done Uncle Ed. I,d prefer we had one or two more on the offensive line. Sat next to parents of a frosh OL guy who went to Lancaster. Parents have since moved to Kenneth Square.

That would be Keegan Sheedy. He came from the same team as Ross Hall

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT