ADVERTISEMENT

Cryotherapy

jvm3

'Nova Nation Sensation
Feb 11, 2007
Anyone on here try this? Not the freezing of the dead body (or head aka Ted Williams) but extreme cold therapy in a chamber. Temperatures get to around -220 to -240 below and moves the blood quite a bit. A whole host of potential benefits including reduced inflammation and fatigue. Have done 2 sessions each lasting 3 minutes. Felt good post but could be placebo.

Interested in the takes.

The current process for athletes after work outs is to go from heat to cold in 2 and 1 minutes cycles 3 or 4 times each. Heat i.e., hot tub at about 110 degrees and cold bath at about 55 degrees. This significantly increases blood flow and aid recovery after work outs. I have never done the really low temp cryo you are referring to tho.

Reactions: jvm3
So when adp tells someone to hit the showers, should he be more specific with the temperature?

So when adp tells someone to hit the showers, should he be more specific with the temperature?
Actually, to get the temperature change your are looking for to increase blood flow in that short an immersion period probably works much better with hot and cold baths v. showers.

Let me explain to you using unclear language why your basic assumptions about temperature are incorrect -SPG

Let me explain to you using unclear language why your basic assumptions about temperature are incorrect -SPG

Tapped out.

salgado_oilworkersinoilrain72.jpg

Moving the rig.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT