ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware loss

needatobaby

Diaper Dandy
May 26, 2006
Tough loss. Like our team. More driving to the hoop, some offensive boards etc. Great to see the super fans!! Tpenter, mario, Smith brothers, Uncle Bill, etc. Nice crowd Hope to be at the next one.

The concession stand RAN OUT OF HOT DOGS. Nobody anticipated such a crowd and the
hen crowd are used to playing at the Carpenter Center which is very nice. Our men played there once.

Harry was recognized before the game for his 600th win by Fr. Peter and Vince.

Ditto needato and UncleBill. Totally unexpected crowd, a large percentage of which were Nova fans, all in spite of terrible weather and traffic.

Despite the loss, I think they saw a new Nova identity and hopefully will return for more games this year. I also like this team and what I think are some good young talents blending with the veterans. Look for better showings from Holman, Leer and Burford - all appear to have plenty of up-side potential. Apparently a very talented red-shirt on the bench this year with quality recruits on the way.

An interesting game. UD looked to have us buried several times and we came back to go up by six and look to be in control. Defense focused on EDD and pretty much denied her the ball or the ability to move with it. Forced Del. to have other players step up which unfortunately they did just enough of to beat us at the end. Del. had EDD stay away from offering back side help, Harry had Sweeney go to the hoop again and again. A couple of missed layups and several non-called fouls would have made the differnce for us. Second best career game for her other than the St. Joe game last year.

In addition to the presentation to Harry before the game, a moment of silence was offered for the Oklahoma State coaches killed in the plane crash. Such a loss to all involved. Tough to go on with a season for the players.

Hopefully lots of players to get lots of PT against Div. II Phila. Univ. of the Sciences on Saturday. Will try to post a first five games report card over the weekend to put some kind of stamp on this team, not including that game which shouldn't count on the season record (unless they would lose it!).

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT