ADVERTISEMENT

Embiid 2 Qatar

is this the last phase in seeing if he will ever play for the Sixers. isnt his three year rookie contract up after 2017 with the player option for 2018?

its amazing how bad this Embiid situation has been. id be shocked if he ever plays pro ball.

is this the last phase in seeing if he will ever play for the Sixers. isnt his three year rookie contract up after 2017 with the player option for 2018?

its amazing how bad this Embiid situation has been. id be shocked if he ever plays pro ball.
False, burrs told us all these 1st round picks are going to stay in the CoP.

False, burrs told us all these 1st round picks are going to stay in the CoP.

Burrs told you most rookies sign with original team because of the extra year and most money. This is a fact.

As far as the process. I'll update you after this summer.

Burrs in all seriousness what do you think is gonna happen? if they dont get the #1 pick this year has the whole thing been a disaster? Noel stinks, Okafur is hurt and Embiid cant get healthy. so what do you do? they have tanked for three years and have one long term player (Okafur) to show for it. Sarik is still a question mark. Stauskus cant play. they need so much help.

Burrs in all seriousness what do you think is gonna happen? if they dont get the #1 pick this year has the whole thing been a disaster? Noel stinks, Okafur is hurt and Embiid cant get healthy. so what do you do? they have tanked for three years and have one long term player (Okafur) to show for it. Sarik is still a question mark. Stauskus cant play. they need so much help.

Simmons or Brandon Ingram would hardly be a disaster. I'll take either and be quite happy. After that, no one IMO is a true difference maker. I like Dunn, Murray and a few others but not as a franchise type player. The key to all this is the 2014 draft. You know you have Okafor, Simmons or Ingram (most likely), and Noel. Embid must play next season and Saric must come over. If those things happen, the 76ers will compete for a final playoff seed. Otherwise, the process goes on for longer. No excuses after this summer. I am assuming we get no Lakers pick unless they are very unlucky.

Simmons or Brandon Ingram would hardly be a disaster. I'll take either and be quite happy. After that, no one IMO is a true difference maker. I like Dunn, Murray and a few others but not as a franchise type player. The key to all this is the 2014 draft. You know you have Okafor, Simmons or Ingram (most likely), and Noel. Embid must play next season and Saric must come over. If those things happen, the 76ers will compete for a final playoff seed. otherwise, the process goes on for longer. No excuses after this summer.
Final playoff seed? That's not part of the plan I have been hearing about.

Reactions: The_Expansion_Crew
Final playoff seed? That's not part of the plan I have been hearing about.

Its the best scenario for a VERY young team. Then, the following season, you begin to contend in the East for a much higher spot. You don't go from say 10 wins in 2015-2016 and contend for much better than a final playoff spot unless you get unbelievably lucky as the Spurs did almost 20 years ago. Unfortunately, no tanking for Tim Duncan is possible now.

Its the best scenario for a VERY young team. Then, the following season, you begin to contend in the East for a much higher spot. You don't go from say 10 wins in 2015-2016 and contend for much better than a final playoff spot unless you get unbelievably lucky as the Spurs did almost 20 years ago. Unfortunately, no tanking for Tim Duncan is possible now.
So trust the plan was really a 7-8 year process?

So year 4 is maybe making the playoffs and year 5 is winning it all? Got it.

Never said that. "Contend for a much higher spot in the East."

Again, best case scenario in year 5. Otherwise, Hinke fired and start all over again.

Brandon Ingram is not going to impact an NBA team right now. he is still a few years away.

the Sixers were supposed to have two top 5 picks and now they are gonna have one and then two picks in the 20s that wont help them. id like to see them trade Noel and one of the late picks to move up and grab a guard like Murray or Jaylen Brown.

Brandon Ingram is not going to impact an NBA team right now. he is still a few years away.

the Sixers were supposed to have two top 5 picks and now they are gonna have one and then two picks in the 20s that wont help them. id like to see them trade Noel and one of the late picks to move up and grab a guard like Murray or Jaylen Brown.

Jaylon Brown is a freak athlete but not much else. Ingram is a stud IMO. You do not find 6-9 athletic wings who can shoot from anywhere and create his own shot and rebound that often. I am not saying he will be a superstar by any stretch but he is light years ahead of Brown now. Brown is all potential at this point. He looked awful last week. I would love Murray as a second pick.

Last edited:

Outside of the picks, I think you might see a significant trade/s and an attempt to sign better players.

Noel doesn't stink.

There are multiple layers to this. People who think they are only trying to get a high pick aren't really paying attention.

Obviously, this is Embiid's last go-around (I think). If he can get on the court then it's probably gravy at this point. I don't think they are only sitting back and waiting for this to happen.

I'd like to see them get a little luck this summer.

Ingram won't be 19 until September. He is very young for his class. Needs to get stronger, but foundation for a very bright future is there.

No, the Sixers weren't suppose to have anything. They were supposed to be at the mercy of the ping pong balls again. Everyone knows the deal here. Nothing is guaranteed.

They might be able to package the picks in the 20's to move up to the 14-19 range. They may use them in some other type of trade. They should have options this summer. Maybe, JC will work some magic with his agent friends & players. I don't really know, but it might be possible.

Maybe, they revisit the Okafor to BOS trade that Ainge wanted to do when they see where that BRK pick settles.

I don't think it's going to be a dull summer and stuff they have done in the last three years has them in position to be very active.

What qualifies someone as a Sixers fan? Wanting them to do well? Or must they praise every single front office move?

No one does that. We've been over this. Nardi doesn't even care about the NBA. He's a CoDB'er. Why does he waste his time talking about the Sixers? There are others.

I want them to do well. I don't want 35-win purgatory for a decade.

I could see the Sixers taking a flier on this Uthoff kid from Iowa late in the first round.

I'd prefer Bentil with one of those 20's picks. I think he'll be a really good pro, who's probably not at his ceiling. I use the other one on Ulis. Maybe, he turns into the Isaiah Thomas (C's version, not HOF).

they need a stud guard, who knows maybe they get the 3rd pick and take Murray or Dunn. is Simmons a franchise changer?

the thing that is so frustrating is they aren't even fielding a team that can grow. its a mismatch team of D league players. get the picks on the floor and the fans will come. keeping this roster creates disinterest.

id like to see this team next year. id rather these guys lose and grow than watching Isiah Cannon and McConnell pass the ball to Carl Landry.

Saric
Noel
Okafur
Embiid
this years draft picks
Stauskas
Grant
Ish Smith

Just because he's not an NBA expert and not a CoPer doesn't make him wrong. He poses valid questions that need to be answered.

He doesn't care. He's trolling. I get it. We all do it at some point or another.

Nardi, what are your valid questions? I'll try to help you out.

Grant has potential. He's not a shooter, but can do some of things well.

You guys act like players should come into the league and dominate from the get-go. Not the reality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT