ADVERTISEMENT

Embiid 2 Qatar

No one does that. We've been over this. Nardi doesn't even care about the NBA. He's a CoDB'er. Why does he waste his time talking about the Sixers? There are others.

I want them to do well. I don't want 35-win purgatory for a decade.
I am trying to figure out why some people blindly follow a terrible team that is losing on purpose.

I am trying to figure out why some people blindly follow a terrible team that is losing on purpose.

Blindly? You think I've watched a game lately? I have not. Zero reason to watch since they shelved Oak. And even then it wasn't a first viewing option. I understand what the franchise is trying to do tho.

As gdog said NO ONE blindly follows them. I have not seen many games over the last two months. The next interesting thing in 76er land is the ping pong balls in May. Then, the draft. Then, if Saric comes over. Then, if Embid is cleared to play. Also, do they move Okafor or Noel at the draft for another top 10 lottery pick. Noel might require something else which the 76ers have plenty of in draft picks.

Again, no one has said anything other than a lot of things have to go right for this to work.

As gdog said NO ONE blindly follows them. I have not seen many games over the last two months. The next interesting thing in 76er land is the ping pong balls in May. Then, the draft. Then, if Saric comes over. Then, if Embid is cleared to play. Also, do they move Okafor or Noel at the draft for another top 10 lottery pick. Noel might require something else which the 76ers have plenty of in draft picks.

Again, no one has said anything other than a lot of things have to go right for this to work.

Many would say that thinking they are going to contend for a playoff spot next year is blindly following them.

Reactions: nardibynature2
Everything that the Sixers become will be decided largely in part in this one offseason.

Grant has the potential to get 4 minutes a game on a playoff team. The definition of a yawn player.

I disagree. He turned 22 last week. Not a polished offensive player, but defends well, rebounds decently, and is a very good shot blocker. He's athletic and has length. Plays hard. It's trendy to define kids prematureky without allowing a real chance to develop in this day and age. I get that. People want instant stars. Again, not the reality. Few can do it. He can be a complimentary, contributor on a good team in time.

I disagree. He turned 22 last week. Not a polished offensive player, but defends well, rebounds decently, and is a very good shot blocker. He's athletic and has length. Plays hard. It's trendy to define kids prematureky without allowing a real chance to develop in this day and age. I get that. People want instant stars. Again, not the reality. Few can do it. He can be a complimentary, contributor on a good team in time.
I thought you don't watch the games?

That could also be gdog.

So the process builds teams of complimentary contributors? Isn't that what they had with Jrue/Iggy/Sammy/Thad/Lou/etc? Seems like the same results just with years of intentional losing to get there.

So the process builds teams of complimentary contributors? Isn't that what they had with Jrue/Iggy/Sammy/Thad/Lou/etc? Seems like the same results just with years of intentional losing to get there.

Yea, that's the premise. You figured it out. Good work, cowboi.

Hinkie has already been fired, the process has been abysmal and the Sixers are 5 years away from potentially being not so sucky....or as good as they were before they started the #process. The goalpost moving here has been awesome. Cap tip.

Hinkie has already been fired, the process has been abysmal and the Sixers are 5 years away from potentially being not so sucky....or as good as they were before they started the #process. The goalpost moving here has been awesome. Cap tip.

yawn

#goalpost #iandesmond #100milliontoplaySS

Desmond sucks and i"m glad he's gone. That's the difference between us. I've got no issues pointing out the flaws in professional athletes I choose to support. In the face of an absolute disaster you still can't admit the entire thing sucked. 3 tanks in and they have nothing to show for it but a bunch of picks in crappy draft. You can't win with a bunch of 18 year olds. This thing is going to be at least a decade disaster.

Desmond sucks and i"m glad he's gone. That's the difference between us. I've got no issues pointing out the flaws in professional athletes I choose to support. In the face of an absolute disaster you still can't admit the entire thing sucked. 3 tanks in and they have nothing to show for it but a bunch of picks in crappy draft. You can't win with a bunch of 18 year olds. This thing is going to be at least a decade disaster.

So, you as it you were grossly wrong on what Desmond would get? And that he sucks as a SS and would t be paid to play that premium position?

I point out flaws of players I support all of the time. So, not sure who that is directed at.

I'll take the under on the decade comment.

I was absolutely wrong. Of course, he picked an awful time to have the worst year of his career. I should have offered the caveat that if he performed to his previous standards. He didn't, why would I argue otherwise.

You take the under on the decade comment. No you won't. You'll just keep moving the goalposts and say how nothing is guaranteed and they wouldn't have won otherwise. It's been an absolute disaster and Hinkie has already been relieved of his duties. The fact you still try to defend it says enough. Noel, Okafor and Embiid is a pile of dogshit.

Reactions: The_Expansion_Crew
I take the under.

These tanking years were part of the plan all along.

What goalposts have I moved? Due explain...

Burrs from the get-go: I support plan because nothing else has worked. There are no guarantees that it works. I hope they can one day be viable.

I take the under.

These tanking years were part of the plan all along.

What goalposts have I moved? Due explain...

Burrs from the get-go: I support plan because nothing else has worked. There are no guarantees that it works. I hope they can one day be viable.
"Nothing else has worked"
"There are no guarantees"
"Too soon to tell"

Hey nickel dimer, are you still following college basketball or you done with it for the season? Wtf?

So you have given up on villanova and are focusing solely on the 76ers? All good. Your choice. But we could use your brightnsiders cheering back on the old college basketball newsgroup. Let the 76ers go for just one more week.

is this the last phase in seeing if he will ever play for the Sixers. isnt his three year rookie contract up after 2017 with the player option for 2018?

its amazing how bad this Embiid situation has been. id be shocked if he ever plays pro ball.

Guess you’re a shocked dickhead right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT