ADVERTISEMENT

Evan horn. Cedar crest HS

Both? Wow. Have we ever had a player for both sports before?
Richie Richmond a QB on the 1962 Liberty Bowl team, also played hoops. Cats played Oregon St in Liberty Bowl in Philly, lost 6 -0, Richie then played hoops that night at Palestra. Philly kid. Overbrook High.
IMHO this info could be incorrect. Tough to play both those sports today.

Back in the day several players played football and were on Jumbo's track team. Most notable Billy Joe who was a great Fullback and 60 foot shot putter. Think Larry Livers also played some football while also a nationally ranked hurdler

Anyone remember a young man named Matt Szczur? May not have committed to play both but certainly starred in both sports for us.

I haven't seen the kid acknowledge his commitment and he picked up an offer from Army last week.

Kid is a solid athlete on both the football field & hoops court.

I hope this is true. Solid pick up.

One of my friends brothers was working the score clock at the game on Saturday night
He was really impressed with this kid as a basketball player. The people at the scorers table were telling him that he was going to Villanova for hoops and football so I'm getting this information thirdhand

Is this good enough to play hoops for us? I can't find a think about him as a basketball player except some local media game write-ups.

Cats feel you can never have enough good guards.

I agree with that sentiment. Hard to tell much from that highlight reel, he'd see better comp in Villanova Intramural A league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT