ADVERTISEMENT

Fairfield

It's time to hire Denise Dillon for all the reasons that have been discussed over the previous years.

I was there also. Painful. So painful that TPenter has not done a summary. A summary of what? Harry didn't even seem that upset. I do not see any leadership on this team. The two seniors get very little playing time (not saying they should get more) and do not seem to provide any rah! rah! There is little spirit and Harry has never encouraged a rah! rah! attitude. Even after wins he could find something critical to say about a player and usually did so in front of the team or in public.

Needatobaby has me pegged right. I didn't have time to write up anything on Marist, intending to do two posts after the Fairfield game. I was in no mood to write anything after that. We both independantly came up with the identical description of what we were seeing at halftime - an eigth grade CYO game only with less scoring.

The Marist game had some good moments ending the half and starting the second but a huge early hole and an offensive shutdown in the last ten minutes doomed us in that game.

The positives from Fairfield? Sweeney was aggressive on both ends of the court, fighting for rebounds, stealing balls to start breaks, powering in for layups. Other than that, nothing. As incredibly bad as we were, Fairfield was even worse. 13.7% shooting in the first half, 1-15 on three balls, many missed layups, nine points in the half and 29 for the game and we only won by a point because our last attempt to give them the game still resulted in yet another missed shot at the buzzer.

Enough said by me - check out Mel Greenberg's comments on the game as passed on to him by Harry on Mel's blog at the link below.

Somehow we always manage to stymie West Virginia in our place. Tough to see that happening next Thursday but I'll be there to see it anyway.

http://womhoops.blogspot.com

On point. We do play West Va. well at home. Don't see it this year. Harry says kimmel still not familiar with our offense???? She was here all last year, what did she do, pick up towels? He said there is no leadership and I agree. Leadership is developed from the top down and Harry does not do it well and does not plan for it. You almost have to be a leader in spite of what he does.

needatobaby,

I was a successful high school coach and a scout for major colleges; I scouted for Rollie at StonyBrook, and he asked me to scout for him when he got the job at VU. I also did foot work for the Heels and the Gators. Hoops ain't rocket surgery, and I will leave it at that.

whitecat,
it's fairly easy: get some horses so you can race.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT