ADVERTISEMENT

Fans

It is odd. I love the team and I joined last season but I did notice that there was only a handful of fans here. There was actually one anti-fan who posted more than anyone.

Welcome aboard. Maybe new people will fire up this board!!!!

Thanks, I've watched some games on TV this past season as well as gone to a few, it's good football so I don't understand the lack of support especially from the students??

I moved from NYC to Alabama while I was in high school and football had a life of its own. I don't remember football being that big in high school in NYC, maybe in Jersey. But in Alabama the high school football games were played in stadiums and they were always packed.. It was huge!!!

Of course at the college level there's Alabama and Auburn and others. The fans are insane down there, but then again there really wasn't much else to do on a Friday night or Saturday. I do remember football as being the "be all, end all" for everyone. It was date night, family night, hanging out night etc. It's where everyone, of every age, went for fun.

The Northeast seems to be into college basketball more so than football. Weird..

You can see why moving to Division I in football never really had a chance. Men's basketball rules at Villanova. In northern New Jersey, high school football has become quite big, with the Catholic high schools regularly ranked among the top programs in the country.

Welcome A-Board guys. We do have a slew of regular posters here. I'm a '91 grad. I did not play, but was a cheerleader for 3+ years. I've always loved our FB team, though as someone just said, BB rules at VU. I loved travelling for away games way back when ... Talley was in the 3rd year of rebuilding the program after VU dropped FB altogether a few years earlier. I am also an '87 alum of Pennsbury High which is a member of the local Suburban One Conference, one of PA's best. I was not allowed to play FB bc my folks said, "You'll hurt your knees". I blew out my knee by stepping on a pom pom at the Spectrum in a BB game vs. Syracuse ... go figure. Pennsbury coaches literally begged my coaches to let me play at QB as the WR was Troy Vincent who could possibly be in the NFL HOF one day. Anyway, sorry so long an introduction ... Welcome A-Board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT