ADVERTISEMENT

FBS teams stop playing FCS teams....................

As long as Florida State isn't playing Elon, and they keep the games where an FCS team isn't going to get steamrolled and players get hurt, I say that the FCS and FBS teams should continue to play each other.

Reactions: UncleEd
Don't know.....is football different? Nova is playing Fairleigh Dickinson.....but, I guess thye are D1.. Think the FCS schools make some decent cash to get smacked....And, UConn sure didn't look like a FBS team.

Agreed Mainliner, UConn didn't look great. As long as we play the type of schools we have been playing against I am fine with it (Syracuse, BC, UConn, Temple). I think Pitt is a bit of a stretch although we gave them a game back when Westbrook was here. Again though, if I see Alabama pop up on our schedule, then I think we have a problem and it will just be an embarrassment where our players are at risk of serious injury.

Won't be surprised to see Football 5 pass a rule about this - no more playing FCS Schools. This is a selfish group that wants it all for themselves. The Temples and UConns will be next on their list of no play but a few years further down the line.

Reactions: EdMcM
I would love to play a team like Army or Navy every year. Too bad Villanova doesn't have the "Navy of the North" reputation anymore, otherwise that would give us an excuse to play Navy every year.

Yeah, I hate going to BC, Syracuse, CONN & Pitt only to get blown out by 1 or more points.

Who is driving the Villanova Sports Bus over the cliff ????
Can it be Father Pete.
Oh, I forgot that the Big East is a good idea.
Good luck to Mark Jackson for everything he will not be
permitted to do.
Wait, we have ignition.

IGNITE THIS

.......only to get blown out by 1 or more points

Let's take a closer look at that, shall we?

UCONN – L – 20-15
Syracuse – L - 27-26
BC – L – 24-14
Temple – L – 41-10
Temple – L – 42-7
Temple – L – 31-24
Temple – W – 27-24
West Va – L – 48-21
Maryland – L – 31-14
UCF – L – 35-16
Rutgers – L – 38-6

Average score – 33-16

Thanks for arbitrarily leaving out the VU wins at Rutgers and Temple in 2002 & 2003. Nothing like stacking the deck in a low energy bid to make your weak point seem relevant.

Reactions: planocat and ericw
You're quite welcome - actually, I only went back the last 10 years (11, counting this year). I could go back much further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for arbitrarily leaving out the VU wins at Rutgers and Temple in 2002 & 2003. Nothing like stacking the deck in a low energy bid to make your weak point seem relevant.

Double digits is beyond a dooffus
who has nothing to say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT