ADVERTISEMENT

Football training facility - versus - Pavilion renovation?

qwe021

Diaper Dandy
Oct 2, 2009
Where should our athletic program prioritize it's resources?

Heck, if we dropped football then over the next 5 yrs alone we would have an additional $35 mill available for basketball facility renovations along with the $9 mill we are about to drop on a weight room for football. Seems like the wise move to this fan of Villanova athletics.

Wealthy alum is donating the funds for the football facility. His money he can do with it what he wants.

This post is stupid,as is the poster.
Your lack of knowledge about Villanova athletics could fill a book.
As box posted, the football facility, which will include facilities for other sports, will BE built with funds raised for that purpose.
Almost all the funds needed have been raised. Break ground Jan 2015. Open in 2016. Please go away. You are rude and uninformed.

I was thinking VU could drop football and buy the Schuylkill to have the preeminent college rowing facility in the world. Bring it on, Oxford!

I'm thinking the football club could field a flag team in the IFC League. Deat the Delts!

I understand that the sngle donation to the Butler renovation is $10,000,000 with supplemental donations increasing the funding to almost reach the goal.

This post was edited on 11/8 4:43 PM by UncleBill57

Save the Butler Annex, site of Stanford 4D's stunning quarter final Residence League playoff victory in 1975!

And yes, April 1, 2015 marks the 40th Anniversary of the 2nd Greatest Basketball Championship Game Ever Played. I speak of none other than Stanford 4D's rally from 10 down to win it all baby, the Campus Championship of the entire campus. Nobody thought we could do it, but I did, and so did they. And now I'm going to admit here for the first time that I was hung over the day after we celebrated the win at Emerson's Steak House on City Line Avernue, and that in the famous photograph of the trophy presentation in the Austin Hall Rose Garden, I am making a funny face behind the back of Alumni Assn President Ed Rideout as he awards the Championship trophy to Stanford 4D.

This post was edited on 11/10 1:11 PM by DCFRANKLIN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT