ADVERTISEMENT

Fordham's First Two Games

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
They open at Army Labor Day Weekend. Then come home to entertain Villanova. The last time Cats visited the Bronx the Rams won. Might be a big grudge game for Fordham because many of their fans thought Cats rolled up the score last season. It will sure be an interesting evening.
BTW Rams are ranked # 23 by Lundy's.

Last edited:
I think Fordham lost a lot of players to graduation, didn't they?? Once again, it ticks me off that so many other FCS schools can schedule Army and Navy but we can't. I know it's beating a dead horse, but.......

As I recall Cats beat themselves in 2013 when Fordham won their first game in about a century, ok 1920. That record should continue in this series, if it continues, so long the current policies at each school remain in place.

They open at Army Labor Day Weekend. Then come home to entertain Villanova. The last time Cats visited the Bronx the Rams won. Might be a big grudge game for Fordham because many of their fans thought Cats rolled up the score last season. It will sure be an interesting evening.
BTW Rams are ranked # 23 by Lundy's.
The game on Sat Sept 11 is at 6:00 PM. This start time is not on the Nova football board.I read it on Fordham's board.

The game on Sat Sept 11 is at 6:00 PM. This start time is not on the Nova football board.I read it on Fordham's board.
The Cats will probably be more ready up there than they were 2 years ago. I think they went into Fordham without enough respect.There are many on the team that remember that night. Fordham was good, but the Cats weren't ready for Fordham's intensity, and pretty much gave the game to them. Cats turned it over 5 times and only lost by three..

The Cats will probably be more ready up there than they were 2 years ago. I think they went into Fordham without enough respect.There are many on the team that remember that night. Fordham was good, but the Cats weren't ready for Fordham's intensity, and pretty much gave the game to them. Cats turned it over 5 times and only lost by three..
Cats will surely be ready for Fordham this visit. Five turnovers. Mostly likely won't happen. JR was our QB then as well as this season .He won't let the turnover bug beat us. Interesting psych thoughts. Two seasons ago Cats lost in the Bronx. Last season Cats crushed Rams at Nova. How will Cats come out to start this game in the Bronx? I am betting Cats are super ready.

The Fordham game scares me, but I see Villanova handling them unless the ' Cats are physically beaten up from their UConn game. I'm hoping for an FBS win over UConn and I could see a little bit of a letdown against an always dangerous Fordham team on their home turf, but in the end I think the 'Cats will find a way to come out with a win in the Bronx.

Ironically, I see the offense as the bigger question mark to start the season. Robertson has a way of comforting us all, but Nova has some question marks. The offensive line, backs, & receivers need talented returnees to step up if it is to be as prolific as many expect.

I think it's the defense that may be the star shining brightest this season with essentially 8 starters back including AA MLB Don Cherry.

All said, I'm in the camp of a great season with hopefully a long run in the playoffs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT