ADVERTISEMENT

Fury

Villanova U

All VUSports.com Team
Sep 22, 2014
I remember there being a thread about this movie but I can't find it. Saw it over the weekend.

Decent war movie, but not great. Nice action scenes/good effects, but the acting was poor and the story was underdeveloped. Many scenes just kind of seemed tacked on. Maybe I'm just spoiled from Band of Brothers.

Originally posted by Villanova U:
I remember there being a thread about this movie but I can't find it. Saw it over the weekend.

Decent war movie, but not great. Nice action scenes/good effects, but the acting was poor and the story was underdeveloped. Many scenes just kind of seemed tacked on. Maybe I'm just spoiled from Band of Brothers.
We're ALL spoiled by BoB. Almost rented this over the weekend, but couldn't push it through with my girl. Went with The Judge instead which was actually solid. One of Duvall's best performances in ages.

RE: Fury - I am wondering at this point who sits in a room and thinks Shia LeBeuf makes their movie better?. There are actually a few decent actors out there. He sucks. Worse, he's uninteresting.

Speaking of Band of Brothers I have become a big fan of Justified. Neal McDonough, Rick Gomez and, to a lesser extent, Scott Grimes have had great roles.

Great cinematology. Terrible movie. Pitt continues to cement his status as a B actor. Shia Lefag was also terrible.

after Private Ryan, B of B and the pacific its hard to make a good war movie. I did like Flags of our Father by Eastwood. thought it was very good.

Originally posted by YourBuddyRayhad:
Imagine being an adult and calling someone "Lefag" without any sort of irony
Posted from Rivals Mobile
This board is one of the main reasons why I know for sure that those who are negatively referred to as "PC Police" are completely justified for being "PC". There is a lot of progress left to be accomplished

Thought it was going to be a reference to this:

hqdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYrDhu0zBi0

tumblr_ndp90ypKoG1s0t6o2o1_500.gif

Back on topic, it has some gr8 cinematography and is apparently pretty historically accurate until the last scene, which is so far fetched it basically belongs in a superhero movie.

I did do a little research, and I was shocked to find out how shitty the Sherman tanks really were. Apparently they weren't designed to fight against other tanks at all, only infantry. The only reason we won any tank battles was because we had way more of them than the Germans had (and also actually had gas to move them around).

Originally posted by Villanova U:
tumblr_ndp90ypKoG1s0t6o2o1_500.gif

Back on topic, it has some gr8 cinematography and is apparently pretty historically accurate until the last scene, which is so far fetched it basically belongs in a superhero movie.

I did do a little research, and I was shocked to find out how shitty the Sherman tanks really were. Apparently they weren't designed to fight against other tanks at all, only infantry. The only reason we won any tank battles was because we had way more of them than the Germans had (and also actually had gas to move them around).
I read once that the Panzer was practically impenetrable vs the Sherman, and the Sherman was basically a suicide mission one on one. And the Panzer Tiger was even tougher than the earlier versions. More firepower too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT