ADVERTISEMENT

Game 7?

Is meathead the new bitter bitter fan? And meathead? Really? Dmil ripping off Archie Bunker now?

I like how he threw out the stat that the Rangers have won more rounds than any team the last 5 years.

who gives a shit? 0 Cups. thats all that matters.

you'd be KILLING me or any Philly fan if they posted something like that.

Reactions: TommySalami
I like how he threw out the stat that the Rangers have won more rounds than any team the last 5 years.

who gives a shit? 0 Cups. thats all that matters.

you'd be KILLING me or any Philly fan if they posted something like that.

Mentioned only when people like yourself are critiquing this team. Hawks fan, Kings fan etc - fire away. No problem with that . But a Devils fan? Flyers fan? Laughable . Those team suck. That's what makes it funny. And makes you look like a fool. That and saying other stupid thing like the Sather comment ( as if Lamoriello never made moves when he saw his window) or saying Kreider is a goon or saying I demeaned TB. - just stupid and it Tells me you were more pleased with a rangers loss than your own team winning. That's pathetic

Mentioned only when people like yourself are critiquing this team. Hawks fan, Kings fan etc - fire away. No problem with that . But a Devils fan? Flyers fan? Laughable . Those team suck. That's what makes it funny. And makes you look like a fool.

Right. Which makes your comments about the Phillies as chokers hypocritical because the Mets did nothing during those years.

Anyway, back on topic. A choke is a choke. You laid the foundation and I'm simply following along.

Right. Which makes your comments about the Phillies as chokers hypocritical because the Mets did nothing during those years.

Anyway, back on topic. A choke is a choke. You laid the foundation and I'm simply following along.

Had the Rangers lost to the Penguins - you'd have a solid case here. That's what the Philies did. Lost in rd 1 to the LOWEST seeded team in the post season. Strange a stat boy like you doesnf see the difference here, meat.

Yea, because 8 teams in each league make the playoffs in baseball. Yep, it's the same. Yawn.

The best team in hockey had a trip to Lord Stanley's Cup in front of them and couldn't score a goal on their home ice. A choke is a choke.

Brooksie noted that New York scored more goals in the 3rd period of Game 6 than they did the whole time at the Garden.

So yeah, I'd say it's a choke

Total choke. Shame the rangers fans can't just own it. I feel for them. 3 straight years of final 4 or better and nothing to show for it. Kind of like winning 30 games consistently in college basketball and not making it to 2nd round.

I'm not sure why you continually bring up what fans other posters are. so only fans of 2-3 teams can rip you now? do you understand how silly that sounds?

the Rangers have won jack shit in 21 years now. if you want to bring up the Devils, thats cool, they've won 3 Cups in that time span. NHL is about winning the Cup. who gives a shit if you win 3 rounds every year if you always choke when it counts? you think anyone remembers this Rangers team 20 years from now?

so technically, if you want to go by your standards, you should be the one shutting up.

I'm not sure why you continually bring up what fans other posters are. so only fans of 2-3 teams can rip you now? do you understand how silly that sounds?

the Rangers have won jack shit in 21 years now. if you want to bring up the Devils, thats cool, they've won 3 Cups in that time span. NHL is about winning the Cup. who gives a shit if you win 3 rounds every year if you always choke when it counts? you think anyone remembers this Rangers team 20 years from now?

so technically, if you want to go by your standards, you should be the one shutting up.

large.jpg

Lot of good stuff in this thread. Glad to see everyone has come around on baseball playoffs and goofy nature. In the the CoDB for my niece's christening today. I'm going to go up to random strangers yelling, "choke is a choke, nice work Rangers".

In all seriousness Tampa is way more talented. just go player by player line by line. They have 8 of the top 10 players outside of the goaltenders. It wasn't a choke in game 7. Tampa was by far the better team. The king kept the rangers in the game. If you swapped goaltenders its not 2-0 its 4 or 5-0. Burrs to your point the Rangers had the best record but it was only by two games when compared to Tampa's record. Tampa had a great season with a very young team. Some of these kids are stars like Hedman, Johnson, Palat, Kucherov, Killhorn, Stamkos, stralman add in the former ranger captain Callahan. People forget that Callahan was the captain of the rangers last year meaning one of their best players on Tampa you have to go down the list to get to him when it comes to talent.

The number of playoff rounds won defense made me think we were back to discussing Jimmy Rollins HOF credentials. DMILL was digging deep.

I don't think losing the series is necessarily a choke, but getting shutout the last 2 games at home is. Tampa's goalie isn't Ken Dryden

Easy. Rangers. Best record in the league. -155 at home. Shutout. A choke is a choke.

If we are being fair this is just not close to true. Rangers were -155 in G7. Nova was -565 against NCState.

By the way, man that regular season in hockey sure is important. Thank God for Anaheim and the Rangers they had those Game 7s at home!

#GoofySportBruhs

by the way- Rangers are 40-41 the last 5 years in the playoffs. lost more games than they've won.

loser posting from DMill.

by the way- Rangers are 40-41 the last 5 years in the playoffs. lost more games than they've won.

loser posting from DMill.
Amazing - over 80 playoff games in 5 years - how many for NJ ? That team is in the crapper big time

Amazing - over 80 playoff games in 5 years - how many for NJ ? That team is in the crapper big time
again, what do the Devils have to do with this? you continually are bringing them up, not me. this thread was about the Rangers.

doesn't matter how many playoff games you play in over any period of time if you have ZERO cups. 0. take that moral victory crap elsewhere.

again, what do the Devils have to do with this? you continually are bringing them up, not me. this thread was about the Rangers.

doesn't matter how many playoff games you play in over any period of time if you have ZERO cups. 0. take that moral victory crap elsewhere.

The irony here. Dmil would constantly bitch about me bringing up the Mets in some Phillies' threads started by CoDBers. Now he's doing the same. His weekend of hypocrisy is in full effect.

I like his resolve at least. Won't admit he's wrong. Just keeps digging in.

Thought this bad 'alt' might have been Molivero- no luck.

Again, CoL fans and Devils fans getting the NYR for not getting over the top when they are not even in the picture. Classic CoL.

Thought this bad 'alt' might have been Molivero- no luck.

Again, CoL fans and Devils fans getting the NYR for not getting over the top when they are not even in the picture. Classic CoL.
if the Rangers had won anything recently, I'd agree.

the Devils have won 3 Cups since the Rangers have won 1. in the NHL, last I checked, its all about winning the Cup. any other talk is moral victory loser garbage.

if the Rangers had won anything recently, I'd agree.

the Devils have won 3 Cups since the Rangers have won 1. in the NHL, last I checked, its all about winning the Cup. any other talk is moral victory loser garbage.

This is correct!

Furthermore, you can't blast Phillies' teams that lost in the playoffs and hold the above belief when you're a fan of the Mets. It's hypocritical.

Really. Fans of the Devils/Flyers can't say anything to Rangers' fans, but a lowly Mets' fan can ridicule the Phillies when they actually played meaningful games? Makes perfect sense. Only a true CoDB'er would think this way.

This is correct!

Furthermore, you can't blast Phillies' teams that lost in the playoffs and hold the above belief when you're a fan of the Mets. It's hypocritical.

Really. Fans of the Devils/Flyers can't say anything to Rangers' fans, but a lowly Mets' fan can ridicule the Phillies when they actually played meaningful games? Makes perfect sense. Only a true CoDB'er would think this way.

Very true. Dmil, why the double standard ?

He doesn't handle his teams choking well. Ever see his posts the days following our annual tourney choke in March? Gets very abrasive and fired up. I suggest he grab a few heaters and hit the porch alone for some chill time.

Please - I was on here before the playoff began saying they had just a good a chance to lose early as they did a deep run, as I have been saying all season. They're a good team, but as I stated 20 times they are not without a couple major issues. So it's disappointing but im not exactly shocked. I just find it typical to see the CoL and B$ jumping for joy. Expected I guess. They dont have much else to root for right now, so it's not terribly surprising. It's ok guys - have fun. And don't worry - best part your season is still to come. Lottery time. Cue Huck calling it a choke - AGAIN.

Is CoL now the new CoP? Should we retire CoP? Huck does make a good point though that you didn't address regarding the double standard of you taking shots at Phillies all those years. Care to comment?

Getting shutout the last two games at home is a choke. Doesn't matter if one is a fan of the Devils, Flyers, Rangers, Pens, Caps, or Nordiques. A choke is a choke is a choke.

the Devils were a good team for essentially 20 years. did you expect them to be a contender forever?

the Rangers did nothing for basically the entire late 90s and all of the 2000s. congrats, they are getting some moral victories the past few years.

Think it aggravates Dmil that the Devils have won 3 cups in such a short period while being the stepchild team of his hometown. Hurts that they play just one county over but he chose to cast his lot with the GCitW team instead. He should have just pulled an ADP and started rooting for the devils in 1995.

Think it aggravates Dmil that the Devils have won 3 cups in such a short period while being the stepchild team of his hometown. Hurts that they play just one county over but he chose to cast his lot with the GCitW team instead. He should have just pulled an ADP and started rooting for the devils in 1995.

Didnt choose. Already committed years before they showed up in NJ. Lots or respect for Lou. Nice guy who I have meet on occasion. Actually thought he would be even better in a cap league. Not the case though. Was far more bothered by Islanders winning back in the day. Never really disliked the Devils like B$ hates the Rangers. They could win 100 Cups and still not matter to me that much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT