ADVERTISEMENT

Give us some thoughts on the Pitt game

Sean Miller Fan

VUSports.com Legend
Oct 30, 2001
Some Pitt fans expect a blowout, some feel it can be close. Is there any reason to believe you can beat us?

Pitt returns a lot of kids from a surprising 2015 season, including the quarterback and a good squad of running backs. Based on last year, Zach and the Oline will also have to keep a tight eye on the pass rush. They will have a big 6 year guy and a solid transfer from Tennesee blitzing often. We will need to stop the run and protect the QB to have a shot at it

Some Pitt fans expect a blowout, some feel it can be close. Is there any reason to believe you can beat us?
Yes, because upsets happen. This would be a big upset. Pitt looking past Nova to their big game with Penn State, could be a factor in this game. Have to believe Pitt will be a 10 to 14 point favorite.

It would be a pretty big upset. Never say never, but the Cats will do well to get out of Heinz Field healthy, played a competitive game, & have the check cashed.

Vegas has Pitt a 26.5 point fav.

Reactions: softness1
It would be a pretty big upset. Never say never, but the Cats will do well to get out of Heinz Field healthy, played a competitive game, & have the check cashed.

Vegas has Pitt a 26.5 point fav.
Pitt is the best FBS team the Cats have played. So much better than our last three FBS foes. All games Cats could have won. Cats led BC by 7 at half. Lost by 10. Heartbreaker at Cuse. Two pt loss in 2 OTs. Missed a short FG at end of regulation. Led UConn by 3 at half. Lost by 5. JR was not sharp.
Pitt is a different story. If they cold beat us by 60 they would. Put 60 pts on a weak Delaware team. And this Pitt team is much better. Coach T refers to these games as a necessary evil.
Pitt should win easily. But we will be there cheering for our Cats.

Reactions: BPKY and softness1
I gasped when I saw that Mailk Reaves was injured. He's is perfect at CB.. Nice height and size and Pitt has a lot of big WR.. I feel that the absence of him will be huge against this team.
I think now, Zack will come into his own. Last year he played in the shadow of Robertson. I've heard great things about him in practice. I hope that translate well into the game.
I love the way Javon White runs!!! The kid is fast as hell. I've heard awesome reports about Changa saying he's the real deal and Zac Kerxton is really good as well. Lincoln Colin has to step up.
I feel this may be Taurus Phillips break out year. The kid is fast and has great hands, so this year will tell. Jarrett is great to watch. He's a little guy but he packs a punch in his run. I am nervous about his size though. They have him at 155 pounds. Pitt guys are huge..
Aaron Forbes is a beast. He is 220 pounds and about 5"10. A tank that can take a hit.

I think that if Zack is playing well, we may be able to do something. I just want our guys to all come out of this healthy..

Sorry if this question has already been answered. Is there a succession plan in place for next year or are the Cats going to hire a new coach/staff?

Sorry if this question has already been answered. Is there a succession plan in place for next year or are the Cats going to hire a new coach/staff?

Longtime Talley assistant Mark Ferrante has been named heir apparent. The majority of the coaching staff should remain intact.

I gasped when I saw that Mailk Reaves was injured. He's is perfect at CB.. Nice height and size and Pitt has a lot of big WR.. I feel that the absence of him will be huge against this team.
I think now, Zack will come into his own. Last year he played in the shadow of Robertson. I've heard great things about him in practice. I hope that translate well into the game.
I love the way Javon White runs!!! The kid is fast as hell. I've heard awesome reports about Changa saying he's the real deal and Zac Kerxton is really good as well. Lincoln Colin has to step up.
I feel this may be Taurus Phillips break out year. The kid is fast and has great hands, so this year will tell. Jarrett is great to watch. He's a little guy but he packs a punch in his run. I am nervous about his size though. They have him at 155 pounds. Pitt guys are huge..
Aaron Forbes is a beast. He is 220 pounds and about 5"10. A tank that can take a hit.

I think that if Zack is playing well, we may be able to do something. I just want our guys to all come out of this healthy..
Well said. I have always liked Javon White, Forbes is rock solid. If O line does their job, Cats can run the ball. Coach Ferrante is a great O line coach.

Well said. I have always liked Javon White, Forbes is rock solid. If O line does their job, Cats can run the ball. Coach Ferrante is a great O line coach.

That's always the best option for playing a team with better talent (on paper). Ball control and limit mistakes and try to steal the W in the end. I think Pitt's run D may be a weakness Nova can exploit.

Hope both teams avoid injuries. Enjoy the game!

Watching the game yesterday makes me very excited for the season. The OL and DL looked strong against a very talented and deep Pitt team. In fact, the first few possessions Pitt had went absolutely no where. Our QB play was smart Secondary was covering the deep ball very well.

Kids played extremely hard and looked to come back without any big injuries. This can be a great year for this team!

My take is that our defense will be one of the best in the CAA.

The offense & special teams are work in progress. The offense doesn't have the explosiveness of recent JR teams. Waiting to see who will take the ball & hit a hole with authority on regular basis.

I thought the O-Line struggled mightily. Pitt was huge in the middle & have stud speed rushers. We'll see what we look like when they step down to FCS games.

The special teams continue to have their struggles, but the kicker did make his only extra point.

The announcer on ESPN3 stated that the kickoff was a line drive & the talented kick returner caught it in stride. That was the returner's 3rd TD in past 2 seasons. Gave up yardage on 2 punt returns that gave Pitt short field and TDs.

Game went from 7-0 to 21-0 in 33 seconds & a halftime break.

Defense actually scored the only points on sack & strip by redshirt frosh LB Drew Wiley & pickup by Rob Rolle.

Lehigh claims a high scoring offense although Monmouth clipped them 23-21 in opener.

I would be surprised if they have 20+ against this defense.

Looking to go 1-1 & see how we look. Still think it's a playoff team, but the CAA looks to be deep with Stony Brook, Albany, & Maine looking stronger than the pundits ranked them.

Last edited:
My take is that our defense will be one of the best in the CAA.

The offense & special teams are work in progress. The offense doesn't have the explosiveness of recent JR teams. Waiting to see who will take the ball & hit a hole with authority on regular basis.

I thought the O-Line struggled mightily. Pitt was huge in the middle & have stud speed rushers. We'll see what we look like when they step down to FCS games.

The special teams continue to have their struggles, but the kicker did make his only extra point.

The announcer on ESPN3 stated that the kickoff was a line drive & the talented kick returner caught it in stride. That was the returner's 3rd TD in past 2 seasons. Gave up yardage on 2 punt returns that gave Pitt short field and TDs.

Game went from 7-0 to 21-0 in 33 seconds & a halftime break.

Defense actually scored the only points on sack & strip by redshirt frosh LB Drew Wiley & pickup by Rob Rolle.

Lehigh claims a high scoring offense although Monmouth clipped them 23-21 in opener.

I would be surprised if they have 20+ against this defense.

Looking to go 1-1 & see how we look. Still think it's a playoff team, but the CAA looks to be deep with Stony Brook, Albany, & Maine looking stronger than the pundits ranked them.

Pitt defense returned seven starters that ranked 33rd in the country last year, including a DE ranked number one nationally in sacks. That's a tough start to the year for any Offense.

Last edited:
That's why I wrote "We'll see what we look like when they step down to FCS games."

Gave up yardage on 2 punt returns that gave Pitt short field and TDs.
Nova's punter did very well. except for the attempts where he punted directly to the dangerous opponent. Why not punt out of bounds? Kicker looked pretty good while warming up. Glad to see the extra point go through.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT