ADVERTISEMENT

Great article on tankadelphia 76ers

We don't want the Heat pick in bottom 10 - then we don't get it this year.

If Hinkie offers McDaniels a huge amount this summer when he's an RFA to make his price go up he's the ultimate heel GM. Hulk Hogan WCW-esque.

First basketball team ever reduced to math geeks & circle jerking.

Sixers should trade Hinke for Trump

Matty, I agree that the Heat want to make the playoffs. Let's face they are probably relishing the chances as a 7/8 seed and having a chance against either ATL or TOR. Believing to just get in and takeout chances. All I'm saying it's something to keep an eye on. The difference between the 10th seed and 16th seed is about 2, 2.5 games. Again, two spots for six teams. I don't think BOS and BRK will be there, but DET, CHAR, and IND will be. Just looked at, but MIA is only 3.5 ahead of Jazz for 7th seed. Just a bit dicey for my liking with Bosh done and Wade routinely missing games.

Bosh is a backbreaking loss. Leaves them with just 2.5 useful players. Dragic. Whiteside. And half the games Wade plays. Can't see them falling below the 10th worst record though. They will probably dip back a spot or 2 but that's probably it. Dragic basically cancels out Bosh.

Originally posted by cleanwave:
Burrs is inside the Sixers rat cage. Poor bastard
You have no idea what you're talking about. Your specialty is conspiracies, so go find one.

Stay in the gerbil wheel teach. Stick with it! Sixers are positioning themselves gr8!

Lowly Pacers beating em up in Philly

So now the plan is to trade your first round picks for future first round picks after your current first round pick wins rookie of the year?

Sweet!

I don't know how MCW went from important part of the rebuild to over-rated ROY in a few weeks? KJ was a diamond in the rough and now he's gone for a 2nd round pick. I find this all fascinating.

Originally posted by LizReed:
I don't know how MCW went from important part of the rebuild to over-rated ROY in a few weeks? KJ was a diamond in the rough and now he's gone for a 2nd round pick. I find this all fascinating.
Typical CoP move. I honestly thought he was going to be a gr8 team cog.

Originally posted by Sportsboss_ofnothing:
Because you know nothing about basketball.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I didn't say I knew er8verything, but the "experts" on here said he was a gr8 draft choice. I would like to hear Burrs thoughts on his talent, not the move, just MCW as a player.

At #11 he may have been a great choice but has shown in 1+ seasons that despite some flashes of brilliance, he's really mediocre at best and can't shoot worth a dick. Selling high on him while he still has value is the right move if they plan on upgrading at this position with one of their top picks which I think is the plan.

At #11 he may have been a great choice but has shown in 1+ seasons that despite some flashes of brilliance, he's really mediocre at best and can't shoot worth a dick. Selling high on him while he still has value is the right move if they plan on upgrading at this position with one of their top picks which I think is the plan.
Clapping gif, thanks

This plan just gets more and more hilarious.

If they draft a first rounder, and he ends up being decent, then they try to flip that player for another first rounder.
Meanwhile, not all the first rounders they draft will be good. For every MCW who turns out decent there will be a noel who is not too good or an embiid who totally busts. So do they turn around and flip those guys for second rounders?

When is this plan supposed to produce players who actually contribute to winning?

Originally posted by qwe015:
This plan just gets more and more hilarious.

If they draft a first rounder, and he ends up being decent, then they try to flip that player for another first rounder.
Meanwhile, not all the first rounders they draft will be good. For every MCW who turns out decent there will be a noel who is not too good or an embiid who totally busts. So do they turn around and flip those guys for second rounders?

When is this plan supposed to produce players who actually contribute to winning?
Noel has more upside than MCW. Fact. Now, I'm not saying MCW won't be a good pro. Maybe he will or maybe he won't. Right now he can't shoot and guards who can't shoot in this league is not a good thing. Plus, they are a dime a dozen. Noel can do things at 6'11" than not many can do. I guess in their minds they sold high and are banking that the guy they eventually get will be better. It's certainly a risk.

Originally posted by nardibynature123:

Because you know nothing about basketball.
I didn't say I knew er8verything, but the "experts" on here said he was a gr8 draft choice. I would like to hear Burrs thoughts on his talent, not the move, just MCW as a player.
There are parts of MCW's game that I like. He's a 6'6" PG and can get to the rim a little. Defensively, he did some quality things, a lot of deflections. I think he sees the floor decently and can find open teammates. He's a very good rebounding guard. His downside is that he can't shoot, either from the three of mid-range. Doesn't really have a floater in the lane of anything like that. Not being able to shoot is huge is pretty important here. He turns the ball over a lot, too.

Part of me thinks some of that has to do with talent around him and on a better team then maybe his deficiencies aren't as obvious. On top of that, players can get better. He's only 23. You can't expect all 23-year olds to be playing their best basketball.

As a side-note he did a lot of complaining and this hurt him because he rarely got a call.

I'm ok with the trade, but I'm not positive that MCW can;t be a good player in this league.

And to whoever said that he would never be a Top 10 PG. That's probably true, but so what? The NBA has never been deeper with PGs. Just because you're not in the top 10 doesn't mean you're not a quality player. Not sure Jeff Teague and Mike Conley are Top 10 PGs, does that make them not valuable? MCW didn't have to be the #1 option, he could have been a #3. There are other factors, so it's not cut and dry. My gut tells me that they probably did the right thing in moving him now.

Orlando's Nikola Vucevic beats Sixers last nite w/ 31 points.

Ready for the punch line?

Sixers drafted him as their first round pick in 2011.

Burrs--how does a guy who, in your words, "He's a 6'6" PG and can get to the rim a little. Defensively, he did some quality things, a lot of deflections. I think he sees the floor decently and can find open teammates. He's a very good rebounding guard. His downside is that he can't shoot, either from the three of mid-range. Doesn't really have a floater in the lane of anything like that. Not being able to shoot is huge is pretty important here. He turns the ball over a lot, too" become ROY then? Was the whole league fooled? Or were there no other good rookies last year?

Originally posted by LizReed:
Burrs--how does a guy who, in your words, "He's a 6'6" PG and can get to the rim a little. Defensively, he did some quality things, a lot of deflections. I think he sees the floor decently and can find open teammates. He's a very good rebounding guard. His downside is that he can't shoot, either from the three of mid-range. Doesn't really have a floater in the lane of anything like that. Not being able to shoot is huge is pretty important here. He turns the ball over a lot, too" become ROY then? Was the whole league fooled? Or were there no other good rookies last year?
No other real decent rookies. This is the challenge with investing everything in the NBA draft.

During Hinkie's stay in Houston they advanced to the 2nd round of playoffs once & lost. That's it. That's his on court success

I guess Phily's owner loves him cause he's apparently making $$ this year, while paying no one.

Liz, I think a combination of things. Weak draft class. Let's not forget that Anthony Bennett was the #1 pick in that draft. Also, because the Sixers are bad he was thrown out there and he was able to compile decent numbers. But like I said, he did some good things, too. I don't think MCW is a bad player and I think in time he can improve. Again, my sense is that trading him won't come back to hurt him, but I'm still not positively convinced that they parley the pick into the better player. A lot of that is going to be riding on where/when that pick falls.

Look at Kyle Lowry. It took him at least four years to become a good/better shooter and he still hasn't cracked better than 42.6% from the field. His three-point percentage has gone up to a respectable number, tho. But after being hurt his first year, the best he shot was 27.2% from 3-point range. Sometimes guys get better, but you have to have patience, too.

I think the Sixers are banking on selling him high and turning that pick into something better. No guarantees, tho.

Clean, Hinkie wasn't the final decision maker in HOU. Also, the previous regime dealt Vucevic. I mean if we're going to pin that on Hinkie, then let's pin drafting Larry Hughes instead of Paul Pierce on him, too.

Clean, curious to where you stand here?

Disgruntled Sixers fan?
Fan of another NBA team?
Not really a fan of the NBA, but enjoy bashing teams for the hell of it?

(Not blaming Hinkie on trading Vuvevic, but the organization still did it & it's payback when he beats them)

You are right, he wasn't the final decison maker in HOU, but he worked for them & they never got past 2nd round.

the dude has nothing on his resume, proving ultimate success = " winning "

I've always liked the 76'ers, but am in no way a fanatic. I did like Igudola, thought he played the game well, proved himself a little in the playoffs & didn't like it when they traded him)

I realize the NBA is mostly a show/joke & many mediocre players are extremely overpaid.

So the 76'ers "plan" to pay NO ONE & lose & still make $$$ is noteworthy to the businessman.. but I'm a sportsman & like to see the game played @ highest level. Also like when players are connected to their community.

Certainly don't get any of that with the comodity like trade broker approach of 76'ers.

This post was edited on 2/23 9:12 AM by cleanwave

Thanks for the insight.

Everyone's resume is empty at one point or another. As I have said countless times a time will come when we'll fully understand if Hinkie failed miserably or had some measure of success. Now is not that time.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Thanks for the insight.

Everyone's resume is empty at one point or another. As I have said countless times a time will come when we'll fully understand if Hinkie failed miserably or had some measure of success. Now is not that time.
burrs, per that article you posted a few days back - it did deem like Hinkie was pretty enamored with how the Rockets were run. I was going to post this earlier - as it seems a strange team to cite as your model franchise. I mean, they have been irrelevant for years, and while they are not bad these days, pretty decent actually, I dont think anyone is terribly blown away by the way they are currently constituted. Just found that to be odd.

If MCW has a shot at improving his weaknesses, he's probably in the right place now. Jason Kidd had a lot of tools when he came in the league, but shooting was not one of them. He got better there - right around the same age as MCW is now.

burrs keeps saying the talent in college basketball is getting worse, yet the NBA is getting better. Why then does a team keep trying to get draft picks and burrs is ok with it?

a time will come when we'll fully understand if Hinkie failed miserably or had some measure of success. Now is not that time.
And when that time comes, we will all remember you as the naive 4for4 franchise lapdog that was cheerleading every awful move along the path to nothing.

Originally posted by nardibynature123:
burrs keeps saying the talent in college basketball is getting worse, yet the NBA is getting better. Why then does a team keep trying to get draft picks and burrs is ok with it?
There is always good individual talent around CBB, but the really good kids are young. What I say is that the product overall isn't is good. The great teams this year aren't on par with great teams of years past.

Because to get good you you need to draft really good, franchise-changing players, and the more picks you have, then more chances you have. Not hard to understand.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:

a time will come when we'll fully understand if Hinkie failed miserably or had some measure of success. Now is not that time.
And when that time comes, we will all remember you as the naive 4for4 franchise lapdog that was cheerleading every awful move along the path to nothing.
I'm the furthest thing from naive when it comes to sports. You should know this by now. And I don't cheerlead every move, but of course, that wouldn't fit your tired narrative here.

As a fan, what other choice do I have? I have no fukking say in the matter, so should I just bitch and moan on some I-net board like you everuy day. I don't agree with everything, but I'm willing to give it time to see if it does work. I have never said this plan is 100% going to work. Never.

Honestly burrs, i think you have lost all objectivity in regards to 76'ers.

last post sounds like Hinke gives you direct talking points:

zombie_walker_by_pcgr-d4hjrxl.jpg

Cleanwave, how so?

Are you listening to me, or only picking out the parts you like?

As a fan of the team since my youth, what other choices do I have? Nothing else has worked. Have you paid attention since they went to the Finals in '01? There have been other methods and they have all failed miserably. I'm tired of being in purgatory for a decade straight.

This plan is unconventional. It might not work, but I'm willing to give it a chance because nothing else has worked. Not sure why this makes me unobjective.

If I was on here saying, you just wait and see, there will be a title run in 3 years, then you would have a point, but I'm not.

Why does it bother people that I try to be optimistic with the teams? I understand the odds are against them. Only one team can win each year. It's not easy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT