ADVERTISEMENT

Great article on tankadelphia 76ers

Burrs, the Sixers went to the playoffs two years in a row in 2011/2012. & even advanced to 2nd round & then played Celtics tough. Why do so many 76'ers fans dismiss that success?

Managment blew up that team & obviously brought you to today's bottom rung.

It's tough when you love a team & they are tanking & making crazy moves. That's cool in some ways that your loyal to them, but I honestly think that guy Hinkie is a super fraud & @ this moment fans should find something else to do & not support the club, until they are serious about winning. (which means spending $$ on real players)

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
And I don't cheerlead every move, but of course, that wouldn't fit your tired narrative here.

As a fan, what other choice do I have?
The other choice: To not cheerlead every move. Saying "we don't know for sure that it's an awful move" is gutless cheerleading. It is an awful move to have a ghost roster like this. It's like living in your car so that you can go play 00 in roulette with your rent money once a month.

ND, I dont really get that comparison. Ummm, you're gunna win 32 months of rent!!!!!!

Originally posted by cleanwave:
Burrs, the Sixers went to the playoffs two years in a row in 2011/2012. & even advanced to 2nd round & then played Celtics tough. Why do so many 76'ers fans dismiss that success?

Managment blew up that team & obviously brought you to today's bottom rung.

It's tough when you love a team & they are tanking & making crazy moves. That's cool in some ways that your loyal to them, but I honestly think that guy Hinkie is a super fraud & @ this moment fans should find something else to do & not support the club, until they are serious about winning. (which means spending $$ on real players)
I don't really go to games or buy mercanhdise. My support is watching them on television and keeping tabs on them thru reading. Maybe, Hinkie will be proven to be a fraud. Not out of the question. Everything is in play. Personally, I don't think those teams from 2011/2012 had a high ceiling and only advanced the one year because of CHI's injuries. Regardless, new management was brought in and this guy sold them on the beliefs/plan that he has. I can't hold pass failures or decisions against him. I like to watch them on TV when I can. Maybe, I'll go to some games when the kids get a little older. It's always fun to have a team be good and make the playoffs. Invuite people over the house or go out and watch the game with a group. That's what I enjoy most about it. Outside of being a basketball fan. I like the sport. I live in Philly area, always have, and would like to see the team do well.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:

And I don't cheerlead every move, but of course, that wouldn't fit your tired narrative here.

As a fan, what other choice do I have?
The other choice: To not cheerlead every move. Saying "we don't know for sure that it's an awful move" is gutless cheerleading. It is an awful move to have a ghost roster like this. It's like living in your car so that you can go play 00 in roulette with your rent money once a month.
But I don't cheerleader every move. I questioned the MCW trade and I'm not sure if in the end they will be better for it. Yea, gun to my head right now I think it was ok. I have opinions on both sides of the trade (Liking it or not liking it). I see both sides of the argumnent from people. I haven't said to people who like that they are wrong, or told people who didn't like it that they are wrong. Tough one to dissect in my mind. So, to say I came on here and cheeleaded this is inaccurate.

Well, your definition of cheerleading and mine must be different. I don't think I have cheerleaded all that much throughout this thread.

You take the opposite side of every issue ever presented on this board. Sweet schtick, bro.

My expectations? You mean saying they would get a 2/3 seed before the season, run through the BE, have two RS losses (As predicted in Eric's pool) is an example of managing expectations???? Good to know. Yawn.

Again, don't ever confuse objectivity, reasonableness, and common sense with managing expectations.

Good to have your tired act back.

Again, don't ever confuse objectivity, reasonableness, and common sense with managing expectations.
Just like you're always applauding every Sixers move, you're always pooh-poohing every Nova team's accomplishments and every Nova player's performance and prospects. It's what you do. Own it. 4-for-4er till you die and take potshots at Nova like every other Hawk/Explorer mutt in the CoP.

Good to see ND came back even more bitter than before.

Please, try to post something that is accurate. Weak performance from you today.

Love dudes that openly announce their retirement and then come back. Laughable.

What potshots? You did your share of Nova blasting before you left. Ripped into DO pretty good if my memory serves me correct.

You did your share of Nova blasting before you left. Ripped into DO pretty good if my memory serves me correct.
There's where you and I differ. You don't think it's possible for a fan to not be a 100% homer for a player's (or GM's) skills and progression. I am the Professor Emeritus of Brightsiding, for Christ's sake.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:

You did your share of Nova blasting before you left. Ripped into DO pretty good if my memory serves me correct.
There's where you and I differ. You don't think it's possible for a fan to not be a 100% homer for a player's (or GM's) skills and progression. I am the Professor Emeritus of Brightsiding, for Christ's sake.
That is soooooo inaccurate. You don't know me as well as you think. I have criticized players, coaches, GMs of all the teams throughout my life. Man, you couldn't be more wrong.

tumblr_ltrjw896X91qj4qpio1_400.gif

Leave me out of this nonsense, nerd. I could care less about the 76er ad every other NBA team. We all know it's vintage burrs trying to shove his opinion down everyone's throat and driving more posters away.

Where the hell did anyone try and bring you into this TJC? What are you even talking about?

This sick part is that I actually think I know what he's talking about when he's trying to say they were attempting to drag him into the convo and it's so crazy that he thinks that I can barely believe it. If he didn't do this in half the threads on the boards I wouldn't believe it. TJC, I hope that you realize that you interject yourself in all this crap with NOONE bringing you into it.

I don't think I have shoved my opinion down anyone's throat in this thread. I have commented at least two times that this has been a great thread with quality discussion. What is this dope talking about? Other than ND coming back and starting some crap with me today there has been no pissing in this thread. Again, what is this delusional hammer talking about? Yet, somehow this will get spun that I'm chasing quality posters away.

Burrs, I guarantee you it's because one of you said "glitch". 100% that's what he's talking about.

"Glitch" isn't in my repertoire.

It's probably about Nardi saying I sounded TJC-ish in one of my replies to ND.

Anyway, he doesn't care about the NBA or any NBA team, but yet he's in this thread. Makes sense.

2 things (lies) here

1) TJC supposedly has burrs on ignore yet knows what he posted here

2) claims he doesn't care about Sixers or NBA yet reads and posts in thread about 76ers.

When will the lies end?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Burrs,

Do you think Sixers current owner (Joshua Harris) cares more about winning or making $$$?

I don't know the man. Generally speaking I think MOST owners of professional sports teams have already made crazy money in their lives. And even though it is a business and making even more money is important, I do believe that MOST of them have a competitiveness to them and want to see the teams they own do well on the court, field, diamond, or ice. Again, in most cases, I think not caring if the professional team you own is a good, winning product goes against every fabric of human nature. But that's just me....

That's very vague.

Joshua Harris is certainly a unique owner. (also owns the NJ Devils, for one)

The man is all finance. Started with Drexel Burnham & his resume is buying distressed securities, carving them up & selling for profit. He's very, very good @ that.

Just think you should pay more attention to the nature of the owner of your team.

If you think that the plan isn't to run the Sixers at minimum cost, wait until they luck out in the draft with a Durant, Lebron or Davis and then sell high, then you're crazy. I guess they have the right GM to help them follow that plan, but I don't like the plan.

What's vague about it? I believe most owners of professional sports teams care a lot about winning. Obviously, they are all competitive people. I'm not some business world guru or anything, but if he wanted to buy something else to carve up and turn it for a profit, then I would think there would be easier outlets for that than owning professional sports team.

Also, wouldn't the Sixers being a good, successful franchise net him the most return on his investment?

There is not enough time in the day for me to pay attention to the psyche of an owner.

"If you think that the plan isn't to run the Sixers at minimum cost, wait until they luck out in the draft with a Durant, Lebron or Davis and then sell high, then you're crazy. "

That's pretty much it.

Ultimately, I have no clue what Harris or his partners' motives are. It would be all speculation. Pretty sure neither of you two do either. With that said, what you suggest is certainly possible. And guess what? If the plan is to find the next Lebron James and then sell the team, thus making more money than what you purchased it for, then find by me. At least as a fan we'll get the next LeBron James out of the deal.

Ultimately, I have no clue what Harris or his partners' motives are. It would be all speculation. Pretty sure neither of you two do either. With that said, what you suggest is certainly possible. And guess what? If the plan is to find the next Lebron James and then sell the team, thus making more money than what you purchased it for, then find by me. At least as a fan we'll get the next LeBron James out of the deal.
1) Don't be naive. We do know his motives. Everything he's done in his life is to scrape every bit of profit out of a business and then sell it. He's not suddenly going to change that. He's already fleeced the state of NJ for a practice facility. Is there any doubt that Brett Brown is one of the NBA's 3 lowest paid coaches?
2) "At least as a fan we'll get the next LeBron James out of the deal." ...if you have the #1 pick the year that Lebron 2.0 is available. Not a certainty at all. More like you have a 20% chance of getting the surefire franchise player once every 20 years.

Ok, I'm naive because you choose to be cynical at every turn. I'm not going to waste any more time discussing what an owner may or may not be thinking. That's just a waste of time. I know, I know all owners are only on it for the money. Nothing else matters.

Harris has already made half a billion on the Sixers investment. Stop.

Harris has already made half a billion on the Sixers investment. This is ridiculous. His goal was to own a hoops team. He succeeded and using it to broaden his empire. Guy already crushed it when he bought the team for 325 or whatever it was. It's worth triple already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT