ADVERTISEMENT

Great win for Lady Cats today!

planocat

All VUSports.com Team
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2001
Really miss the coverage we once had here. Please bring it back!

Plano,

Since we have played a number of similar games this season, it was nice to see us hang on for the win. This site was once filled with posts by
a man who went to all of our games both home and away. at one time I could get down for two or three games a season, but those days are done.

I think the LadyCats won their fourth game today against Saint Johns; they are beating some of the
better teams in the league.

They received a vote in the polls this week. Things are looking up.

Plano,

Since we have played a number of similar games this season, it was nice to see us hang on for the win. This site was once filled with posts by
a man who went to all of our games both home and away. at one time I could get down for two or three games a season, but those days are done.

Whitecat - Still hanging around, just not allocating the time to write up game stories on this site anymore. With no one else participating, it just turned into a personal blog space that was not my intent. Harry's team is much more interesting offensively these past few years, but still infuriatingly inconsistent. Drives me crazy, but I keep coming back year after year. Miss the old Big East, especially those cold, snowy trips to Cuse and UConn. Hope to see you again sometime.

TP

Interested in how you feel they are more interesting but infuriatingly inconsistent..I tend to agree with you from the games I've seen and following the reports. Quinn did not score and hardly played last game despite having many double doubles..Hahn has had 0 and 3 in back to back games playing low minutes but was second on team in scoring with high three pt % and big games of 25 and 20 (6 3 ptrs) . Louin got Big 5 POW and Big East Honor Roll and is playing well after struggling a little in the early season. Dilliard has had a very nice season overall but her minutes seem to fluctuate a lot. Most of the minutes are to the Coyers and Louin by far. The Coyers have been steady and Caroline has had some huge moments. Generally they are still very "controlled" on offense but they are winning, playing good D, and keeping the scores low. Overall shooting percentages are low and maybe that is why Harry wants to keep things controlled. If you get an early lead or keep the game close that is manageable. In some games (not recent) they have fallen behind right off the bat and that seems to change things in terms of offense in that they seem to have more freedom to catch up (running, shooting threes, etc). They have been in every game they lost and have beaten some good teams but despite Coyer (and you can't expect her to light it up every game or be isolated all the time) the team doesn't really seem to have an identify..especially on offense. That concerns me some moving forward. Also playing Coyer 40 min a game every game raises concerns about whether she will fatigue some..

Interested in how you feel they are more interesting but infuriatingly inconsistent..I tend to agree with you from the games I've seen and following the reports. Quinn did not score and hardly played last game despite having many double doubles..Hahn has had 0 and 3 in back to back games playing low minutes but was second on team in scoring with high three pt % and big games of 25 and 20 (6 3 ptrs) . Louin got Big 5 POW and Big East Honor Roll and is playing well after struggling a little in the early season. Dilliard has had a very nice season overall but her minutes seem to fluctuate a lot. Most of the minutes are to the Coyers and Louin by far. The Coyers have been steady and Caroline has had some huge moments. Generally they are still very "controlled" on offense but they are winning, playing good D, and keeping the scores low. Overall shooting percentages are low and maybe that is why Harry wants to keep things controlled. If you get an early lead or keep the game close that is manageable. In some games (not recent) they have fallen behind right off the bat and that seems to change things in terms of offense in that they seem to have more freedom to catch up (running, shooting threes, etc). They have been in every game they lost and have beaten some good teams but despite Coyer (and you can't expect her to light it up every game or be isolated all the time) the team doesn't really seem to have an identify..especially on offense. That concerns me some moving forward. Also playing Coyer 40 min a game every game raises concerns about whether she will fatigue some..

SimPaul - glad to see you are still around also. As one of the other last members of this board while it was still viable, maybe we should get together at a game and talk WBB. Take a look at this video, but don't get too alarmed when it appears that Kelly Jekot has signed with UConn!

Reactions: simpaul
There was no LadyCats' game up here, but I think they won on this afternoon,

Lady Cats blitzed Penn tonite, 66-46! Caroline Coyer was firing threes like crazy, scoring 23 points or more. I was told when leaving that we'd hit 17 threes and Penn has a decent team too. They'd beaten Temple while we both lost to the Hawks. I think Penn only has three losses so far. Oh, Hahn scored 15 too, one from really long distance. Well earned victory.

Last edited:
Lady Cats blitzed Penn tonite, 66-46! Caroline Coyer was firing threes like crazy, scoring 23 points or more. I was told when leaving that we'd hit 17 threes and Penn has a decent team too. They'd beaten Temple while we both lost to the Hawks. I think Penn only has three losses so far.

The Lady Cats game with Creighton on Friday night is scheduled to be on FS1.

It has been a very fun season, but they are inconsistent. That loss to Georgetown was puzzling. They had the game in hand - At least times.

Really going to miss the coyers next season, I also wonder about Quinn - she had some amazing games then recently has been sitting more than playing on the court.

Last edited:
Reactions: simpaul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT