ADVERTISEMENT

Gym Locker Room Etiquette

nardibynature123

VUSports.com All-American
May 5, 2014
Saw some guy at the gym pulling a ND (blowdrying his balls under his towel). Is there some sort of unwritten rules of the Locker Room.

• Don't walk around naked
  • Don't wipe your ass with the towels
  • Don't talk to people

Waiting for rythmicslapper, but he might be on his honeymoon.

Reactions: kjbert
i used to work in a locker room of a very nice sports club while in HS and part of college. it amazes me what some men do in locker rooms. i have seen guys stretch ass naked right in front of the tv lounge area in the locker room while others are sitting watching tv. i have seen men shave naked, brush their teeth naked , have conversations with each other while standing ass naked. Put on some clothes or just wrap a towel around you. ill never understand some of the actions.

the worst to me is dudes who sit 100% naked on steam room and sauna benches. i cant imagine a dirtier place to put your bare ass.

i have also seen dudes get out of the shower place the towel on their shoulders and walk around the locker room balls and glory bouncing all over. isnt the towel there so others dont have to see you naked and you can prevent people from seeing you naked? that and to dry you off of course.

I work out at one of the last two Bally clubs left anywhere, so it's completely bare-bones, no towels or kleenex, and the air-dryers are 1980s vintage. I have never stepped foot into the shower or sauna area. Too many naked dudes. Can't understand it. Is your apartment bathroom so pathetic that you would rather actually shower in this dump of a club?

A few weeks ago a 6'5 ripped black guy was sprawled out on one of the benches in front of the lockers and asked me to tell him the time as I got there and was putting my stuff in the locker - wtf? At least put on your underwear before I have to address you.

There is one old fat guy who is the worst, however. He does his paltry workout and then sits naked on the benches, hosing himself down with some Old Spice cologne straight out of a 70s Playboy ad. Stinks up the entire locker room to the point of gagging. I really should say something.

i worked at the healthplex in springfield pa like 15 years ago to make the $7 an hr plus the free membership. i saw more wang in one week than Jenna Haze in a lifetime.

also why do people feel the need to take 3+ towels for one shower? ok one isnt enough so take two i get that. some people would come in and just take a pile of towels. leave some for everyone and dont kill the kid who has to collect, wash and dry the used towels.

Other locker room atrocities:
- baby powder everywhere
- toe clippings or worse... using a pumice stone on your feet and leaving the dead skin everywhere
- urine/chowder in the showers
- putting your stuff in a locker directly next to/on top of an occupied locker unless necessary

how about dudes shaving their big fat bald heads in the steam room? then cleaning the razor on the benches or just flicking it into the middle of the steam room like no one else will ever use it. or dousing the sensor with cold water breaking it every other week.

Was at the gym in the locker room at work a few years back and my boss decided to have a conversation with me bare ass naked in a full captain morgan pose. Took me a while to look him in the eye again.

Was at the gym in the looker room at work a few years back and my boss decided to have a conversation with me bare ass naked in a full captain morgan pose. Took me a while to look him in the eye again.

Used to work out at a Washington Sports Club in Georgetown. Never forget one afternoon an extremely large African-American man asked me to rub some sort of cream on his back. He looked like Debo from Friday. I actually had to think about it for a solid ten seconds before pretending to be deaf and getting out of there ASAP.

funniest story i got is i was in the hot tub with some of my friends after playing basketball, we were wearing bathing suits and just hanging out minding our own business, i think we were like 19-20 years old. this really skinny kinda fruity black guy walks into the hot tub but does not sit down instead he stands on one of the entrance steps talking to us. normal conversation, a pleasant guy. but the kicker was his dick was hanging from waste to knee. we all couldnt keep a straight face. a literal foot long. probably would hit the water when he sat down to take a sh*t.

thats it for me! everyone have a nice holiday weekend.

Saw some guy at the gym pulling a ND (blowdrying his balls under his towel). Is there some sort of unwritten rules of the Locker Room.

• Don't walk around naked
  • Don't wipe your ass with the towels
  • Don't talk to people

Waiting for rythmicslapper, but he might be on his honeymoon.

At least he used a towel. That's usually not the case.

And it seems like the older these jackasses are, the more inappropriate they are.

Hoping for some reports from the ladies locker rooms.......like to get the truth about the pubic territory......

I avoid showering at gym at all costs. Never was a fan of people who bring an entire wardrobe change and suit up for a day at the office after a workout. It did come in handy last year though when I remodeled the bathroom. Showered there all week.

Do like I do. Shower at home. I dont step foot in the locker room. Ever. Refuse to. Though I suppose some may hit the gym before heading straight to work. In that scenario, you got a problem.

Reactions: shaneclarkscat
How sh*tty are the gyms that you guys goto that these are problems? Go to a nice gym and the locker rooms/showers aren't disgusting. Yeah, there are naked dudes. Just don't look at them. Yeah, some guys sit ass naked in sauna and steam. Use a towel.

Never seen anyone clipping toe nails. My gym has unlimited towels, I try to be green and only use 1-2 but I don't judge people who need more.

since switching to crossfit from a normal gym all of these problems have been solved. plus fit chicks in super tiny shorts showing some camel toe action. can't beat it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT