ADVERTISEMENT

Harvard only spends $2.7 mill on football

as002

'Nova Nation Sensation
Oct 9, 2009
why are we losing over $6 mill per year on a sport with no fans that continues to embarrass the Villanova community?

Look, I'm all for supporting the kids and for fielding a team, but why are we burning good money in this sport? It doesn't have any fan appeal. We lose to athletic programs we are otherwise superior to. The fan base tends to be that Neanderthal homophobic football testosterone dominant close minded mentality that our nation is moving away from.

Harvard has tons of money, their alumni enjoy their football team, and they do it for a reasonable cost. Are they just smarter than us at Villanova? Hmmmm?

Is Rivals incapable of shutting this guy out of this forum. If a legitimate issue and a reasonable person, he can share his opinion elsewhere and January through June. To do so here and now does nothing more than incite people and discourage participation (which is the real goal of this mental patient).

Please do what your predecessor did and shut him out.

I don't blame football for everything.

But I do blame the decline of our track program and the lack of progress in soccer and lacrosse on our devotion to spending an absurd amount of money in division 2 football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT