ADVERTISEMENT

Hot Yoga

NovaNation1188

VUSports.com Addict
Apr 2, 2007
Anyone on here do it? Seems like most places offer one introductory month for $30-$40 unlimited, then jack up the price to $150/month. I joined last week, have gone 6x in 7 days. Feel great, actually noticed my digestive system is working better too. Some decent eye candy during those 90 minutes.

Don't see myself renewing, but I might buy a 10 pack of classes for $120 or something and go every other week.

gay.jpg

Posted from Rivals Mobile

I might check it out if I had more free time and wasn't poor.

Yoga + sauna?

maxresdefault.jpg

My wife goes once in a while. The entire concept is disgusting. You get into a room with a bunch of strangers and sweat for 90 minutes. Having said that, I love the steam room so those in over-headed enclosed houses shouldn't cast the first stone.

I've done it maybe 4 times...hardest workout I've ever done...including anything for sports in high school or college.

It was painful.

My wife loves it...thought about becoming an instructor.

i think you guys are referring to Bikram yoga. that is different than hot yoga. i have done both. hard but not as hard as playing basketball or running up the north stairs at the pavilion 20 times.

its a good stretch of the lower back and hamstrings but other than that i dont see the benefit. plus the people are weird.

Originally posted by novabball2:
i think you guys are referring to Bikram yoga. that is different than hot yoga. i have done both. hard but not as hard as playing basketball or running up the north stairs at the pavilion 20 times.

its a good stretch of the lower back and hamstrings but other than that i dont see the benefit. plus the people are weird.
It is bikram, this description is pretty dead on. It's not that hard, I just like being in a hot room in the middle of the winter for 1.5 hours. It gets kind of boring since it's the same 26 positions each class, but it stays equally difficult since you get slightly better at doing it each time.

I don't think $30 for the month is bad at all. It is frustrating that I bought a $30 mat and had $60 stolen out of my wallet in the lockeroom, I usually lock my crap but the place only has cubbies, thought of all places a yoga studio would be relatively safe. The thief left the singles/credit cards though -- how kind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT