ADVERTISEMENT

Intro Letter - NovaIllustrated

Mike Craven

Jul 5, 2001
My name is Mike Craven and welcome to NovaIllustrated. The next few months hold exciting changes and my hope is to keep everyone here along for the ride while adding new faces to the community as our coverage of basketball, recruiting and even some football gets rolling. There will undoubtedly be some road blocks and growing pains. I’m ready for the challenges surely coming and my only goal is and will always be to provide coverage worthy of your subscription.

I want this site to be a lot of things, many of which it already is thanks to a great job by the previous staff. We hope to live up to those standards while making it our own. I want the site to be informative. I want the site to encourage discussion. I want us to engage in honest and respectable debate. I want us to be the water cooler of Villanova sports. I want us to write solid pieces.

None of this will happen overnight. I need to put together a staff and formulate a true game plan to take the site to a new level. A lot of that is on me, but some of it is on the subscribers. I’m not going to walk in here with a lot of ego. This is your site, not mine. I believe the consumers should dictate the news, so tell me what you like and don’t like in a website like this. Give me suggestions. Do you want more stories on prospects? More previews for the upcoming basketball season? More football?

I graduated from college in 2007 and was hired as a small-town sports editor in a town outside of Austin, Texas soon after. In 2012, I joined Rivals to work for Orangebloods.com and to start BirdsUp.com, which covers UTSA athletics. On top of this gig, I’m still the publisher of BirdsUp.com, and I’m the senior writer at TexasFootball.com. My background is mostly in football, but I did cover the Spurs for a season for SBNation.

It’s uncomfortable for me to write about myself because it shouldn’t be the focal point. The content is of importance and I’m open to ideas on how to move this site forward. I pride myself on being reachable, so never hesitate to get at me on Twitter @CravenMike or in email at NovaIllustrated@gmail.com.

Craven

Reactions: softness1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT