ADVERTISEMENT

Is WR a concern? TE?

ROMEOCAT

All VUSports.com Team
Aug 11, 2002
I assume Livers is graduating. I know Kevin Gulyas is back, but is he the type of WR who can replace Poppy? It appeared we had no depth at either WR or TE last season, & with the RB position behind Underhood 'wet behind the ears', JR may be hard-pressed to find moving targets, JR's running ability behind a more experienced OL may be tested too often now that JR has a concussion history. Can anyone elaborate on or alleviate my concerns?

Players that will be in the mix:

Lincoln Collins - Soph
Greg DeCamillo - Sr
Mike Burke - Sr

Slot:
Aaron Wells - Sr
Kevin Gulyas- Sr

TE:
Ryan Morris - Jr
Ryan Bell - Soph

Frosh:
WR: Brandon Chadbourne
TE: TBD

Either frosh RB could potentially play the slot also.

Romeo there is a RS Freshman from Beacon, NY named Taurus Phillips (5'9, 175lbs). He was a high school rb that is slotted to play the slot position. VU Hoops says he has 4.43 speed and he is quick. Having been here a year, he may have an upper hand on the two incoming RB's (one who might also play slot).
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1270377/highlights/69542384

Also redshirted was Alex Padovani (6'0, 190) from Hammonton High School. Played WR/DB in highschool but his hands and playmaking skills make more suited for offense.

Also, check out the VU Hoops preview on WRs & TEs.

http://www.vuhoops.com/villanova-football/2014/12/18/7408141/early-2015-villanova-football-preview-wide-receivers-tight-ends
A belated Merry Christmas to you all!!

Hypothetical: a very good FBS WR wanted to transfer in as a senior and take advantage of Robertsons final year. Would you take him?

This post was edited on 12/26 10:43 PM by planocat

Hypothetical: a very good FBS WR wanted to transfer in as a senior and take advantage of Robertsons final year. Would you take him?

Of course I would! It's a win-win situation for the WR and VU! Providing more weapons for JR will increase
his chances of repeating for the WP award. There are some good WRs at VU, but no definite game changers.

I think Lincoln Collins has a big upside. He has size and speed.
Agree with Kingdc about Taurus Phillips. He might be fastest kid Coach T ever recruited. I see him in the slot mostly but also carrying the ball.

Thnx for link King. Guess we'll just have to wait & see what shakes. No way would Talley leave JR without a stable of backfield mates & targets. JR WILL have plenty of plays drawn up to take full advantage of his wide array of skills. If JR has another WP-type year, I can foresee him having a shot at making an NFL team. IMHO, as a dir-hard Dallas fan, I see a little Romo in JR, & would love to see JR get a shot to make it there. Romo starred at Western Kentucky (FCS?). The Raven's Flacco starred at Delaware ... so, ahhhh, I'm looking waaaaaaaaaay too far ahead, hmmm?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT