ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright Presser 2/12/21

JoshNaso

Jul 4, 2016
Jay Wright's press conference remained largely focused on the Creighton game, so much of it will be covered in our game preview later today. But still wanted to share whatever odds and ends were left over.

On Creighton having fans in attendance...

"It will be interesting to play in front of fans. I never thought I’d be excited about playing in front of Creighton fans but it will be nice to have fans there."

"Playing out there is always a unique experience. They have such a great fan base and their style of play fits into that, when they get that crowd going. They just do a great job of game-day atmosphere.”

“We decided not to make a big deal of it. When you make that decision, you are interested to see how that plays out when you get in front of a crowd."

On Collin Gillespie and Marcus Zegarowski...

“You have two of the best in the country and guys that have gone at each other for a couple years now, they know each other so well. I know Collin has great respect for Marcus and I think fans are gonna see two of the smartest and most skilled point guards in the country.”

On the offense clicking/being a bit ahead of the defense...

“I think we are clicking offensively, that comes with time, we’ve been back for a while. I also think we learned some things against St. John’s that helped us. I’m a little disappointed that our defense isn’t at the same pace in terms of clicking. You gotta be more connected defensively than you do offensively. I feel like we’re really connected offensively but we’re not connected defensively yet the way we should be.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News