ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright Presser 3/20/21

JoshNaso

Jul 4, 2016
Jay Wright met with the media Saturday evening ahead of Sunday's Round of 32 game against North Texas. Here's some of what was said/discussed.

On controlling the pace/defending against Winthrop...

"I thought we did a good job of getting back in transition defense and getting matched up against Winthrop, that was probably the best thing we did. And we took care of the ball, so they didn’t get out in transition a lot."

On Bryan Antoine coming along...

“He really is. He was out nine months after his last high school game before he was able to touch a basketball. It wasn’t like a foot injury where he could be shooting around or dribbling, it was his shoulder, he couldn’t touch a basketball. So he’s really starting to come into his own where he knows what we’re doing, he’s physically healthy and his shoulder is physically strong.”

On Justin Moore looking healthier...

"He played that Georgetown game, he never practiced, he just shocked us the day of the game saying he wanted to try so we didn’t get much out of him. He took a couple days off after that, but he got to practice for three or four days before that game (Winthrop). And getting a game under his belt is really important, I think that helped him. So I hope he can go to another level against North Texas.”

A thought on the overall performance on Friday...

“I was really proud of our guys. Really without Collin Gillespie who does the majority of our ballhandling, I thought the other guards, Justin Moore, Chris Arcidiacono gives great minutes, Caleb Daniels, Bryan Antoine really handled the ball well, Cole Swider did and they were really smart with the ball against a really good defensive team.

As usual, we'll have some more quotes from Wright that are more specific to the North Texas game in our game preview.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News