ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Colangelo to the Sixers

We're entering the process 2.0

"Joshua Harris: This is not a deviation from our plan... we believe we are entering the next phase of our process."

Bigger, faster, more paleo based meals for the players... Cutting edge tech

Interesting. Now that they're about to actually start fielding a team and signing free agents. Wonder what Mr. Analytics thinks.

Wonder what Joanie G thinks about this. He swears Hink is Boy Genius.

I bailed when they went chimes at midnight with the third pick, dunny. if they'd just had the stones to take zinger, they'd be fine, even if embiid never plays (which he probably won't).

what free agents did you want them to sign? ish smith? guys like afflalo weren't coming here unless you grossly overpaid

Sixers need to get Simmons. That will make them much more attractive to free agents. Hoping for DeRozan, personally.

Caught some of Brandon Ingram this past week. His upside is scary. Need to see more. Will take some time with him.

Colangelo has a net worth of $300 mm. At how enormous a discount are the Sixers allowing him to buy-in to the team in order to make this endeavor worth his while?

Colangelo has a net worth of $300 mm. At how enormous a discount are the Sixers allowing him to buy-in to the team in order to make this endeavor worth his while?
Whatever it is you can bet Sam Hinkie made his last personal decision in terms of "the process".

League forced the Sixers to hire Colangelo to ensure they no longer tank so egregiously. Pretty humorous.

Reactions: NickleDimer
I read the whole article.

It does not indicate that the league forced the Sixers to hire Colangelo.

I don't know that they were exactly "forced". It does seem like the Sixers were at least pressured, yet again, it doesn't say exactly how, into this deal.

"NBA commissioner Adam Silver was instrumental in forming the partnership between Colangelo and 76ers owner Joshua Harris, according to the sources."

I'm sure Harris didn't just call up the league office and say, "We stink and we need help."

Colangelo's timing is not surprising. He knows they're the joke of the league with nowhere to go but up. He also knows they have endless cash to spend and stepping into a situation with 4 first round picks and potentially 2 top 5 picks as well as Saric and maybe Embiid. Even if he "fails" he knows the product is gonna improve drastically next season. He can't lose really.

Colangelo's timing is not surprising. He knows they're the joke of the league with nowhere to go but up. He also knows they have endless cash to spend and stepping into a situation with 4 first round picks and potentially 2 top 5 picks as well as Saric and maybe Embiid. Even if he "fails" he knows the product is gonna improve drastically next season. He can't lose really.
Going to Sixers? He already lost.

This was the trade off for the number one pick. "Quit embarrassing the league". Ok, we'll hire your guy but only if you fix the lottery. Ben Simmons to COP.

Didn't Colangelo basically offer consultation to the Suns and they never picked up the phone? The guy wanted to get back involved with league and the Sixers might have presented one of the best opportunities. Silver might have helped push them together but its not like he is coming on full time and working out of Philly. He's a version of Pat Gillick, but with more street cred.

Colangelo is well respected in NBA circles. It can only help in regard to free agents.

Stefanksi?? What's his track record compared to Colangelo?

This was done so that if this shitstorm ever pans out they can say it was because of Colangelo and not Hinkie. I'm perfectly fine with that as any other franchise potentially going the Hinkie route is bad for the league.

The NBA can address preventing tanking in other ways, but this is at least a fallback plan if nothing else goes through. Hard to create competitive balance in a sport where 2 or 3 great players on your time make all the difference. You can't just rip guys away from teams.

On Mike and Mike today they said the Sixers don't deserve Simmons and the NBA needs to see to it they don't get him. Oh yes. Totally. Great point guys. The fans of the Sixers don't deserve to see any good players on the team another 3 years. Or how about 10? Or how about 30? Or how about when I'm dead? Is that long enough?

F*cking jagoffs.

Reactions: obriend1
Pretty cool how the NBA just steps in whenever it wants and meddles in a franchise's affairs.

I was reading about it this morning and came here to post something similar, spg76.

There's been an awful lot of seemingly inside details about this reported. Other owners/the league pushing the team to do this, a little Hinkie bashing, etc. the conspiracy theorist in me is thinking this is all just window dressing and they'll just continue business as usual. THE PROCESS wasn't marketed correctly with Hinkie/Brown, so you bring in some old basketball names (colangelo/D'Antoni) to fake helping out to give it some credibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT